PR & Communications Officer
Are you an ambitious Press or Communications Officer looking for your next challenge?
Would you relish the opportunity to tell amazing stories?
My client is looking for a creative and proactive press/communications officer with at least two years' previous experience to join our busy communications team.
The role is based in Birmingham but will involve some travel to other offices in the UK.
You will have the opportunity to work on high profile, UK-wide campaigns. At the same time you will be responsible for driving great quality regional media coverage and developing relationships. You will also be involved in handling press queries as part of the press office team - making this a great role for developing and honing your reactive communications skills.
You will be encouraged to use your news sense while ensuring our communications are tailored to our different audiences and are in line with our strategy.
We need you to be a confident communicator able to build effective relationships with a range of different people.
You will be organised, efficient and able to thrive in in a fast-paced environment. You will enjoy being part of a friendly and supportive team.
You will also be expected to take part in our out-of-hours on call press office rota.
You will need to demonstrate your experience, qualifications and skills in these areas:
- At least two years of experience of working in a PR agency, in house communications, or press office function
- Excellent written skills
- Enthusiasm for current news issues and the media
- A positive self-starter attitude to building relationships in the media
- Highly organised, with an ability to think on your feet and work at pace
- A good understanding of the sector and the public policy context in which the fund operates
- Digital skills including some experience of using social and digital channels to engage audiences
- Be a supportive team player who shows interest in others and develops a range of contacts outside your own team to get the job done
If this sounds like something you would like to be involved with, then why wait! Apply now!
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'