About the job
As PR and social media manager for Plusnet you will be responsible for developing, leading and executing effective PR, social media and crisis communication plans for the business which support the relevant strategies.
To be successful in the post you will have proven fast-paced PR and social media experience and success within an agency or in-house. You will play an integral role in safeguarding, developing and progressing the Plusnet brand and business amongst media, customers and consumers. Experience of issues and crisis management is essential.
As a PR and Social Media Manager you will...
- Support the senior manager in annual planning and implementation of strategy.
- Create a favourable public image for Plusnet, especially to its target audience through effective PR plans, taking into account the needs of audiences and ensuring PR plans are in line with overall marketing and brand strategy.
- Understand Plusnet products and services and issues faced by customers so that PR plans are relevant and effective.
- Work with relevant campaign/programme owners in BT Group to ensure both proactive and reactive work is complementary to other activity.
- Execute PR plans, monitor progress, measure success and adapt plans in response to results, feedback and intelligence.
- Respond rapidly and effectively to journalists and other key stakeholders defending the company’s reputation.
- Identify and manage issues that may have potential to harm the brand’s reputation with swift and effective PR responses to unexpected events.
- Effective management of budgets.
- Manage agency relationships on a day-to-day basis.
- Responsible for measuring effectiveness of activity, report on the quality of outcomes and demonstrate the value / results for BT.
- Maintain and build a positive reputation which has a major impact on brand value.
- Confidence of senior management and colleagues.
- Develop strong professional relations with BT Group (including EE) to ensure aligned group messaging.
- Work with regulatory and governing groups.
- Would be expected to manage issues with less upward delegation.
To be able to succeed in this role, you must have the following skills and experience…
- Proven success in delivering proactive / reactive PR and social media campaigns
- Experience in solving PR issues and crisis management (rapid response and action)
- Experience at comfortably dealing with senior stakeholders
- Professional experience and knowledge of our business sector is preferable
- Experience in a senior professional PR/corporate/media relations role (agency or in-house)
Plusnet is a Yorkshire based ISP with a unique brand identity. It’s a fast paced environment yet our offices have a distinctly friendly and informal feel to them - we know that you can do great business without the suits. We believe in making a difference, team work and putting the customer first in everything that we do. It’s an approach that’s allowed us to keep delivering award winning products and services for nearly 21 years!
Whatever your career ambitions, Plusnet is committed to giving you the skills and support that you need in order to achieve your goals; whether it’s training and development or just a breather over a game of table tennis or pool!
Of course there’s lots of other reasons to work at Plusnet; we’ll support you through a wide range of "Plusnetter" perks including free staff broadband & phone packages, pension, bonus & shares scheme and numerous discounts on items such as cinema tickets, mobile tariffs, city parking, gym memberships and much more!
- Social Media