PR Administration Assistant
PR Administration Assistant
We are recruiting for a PR Administration Assistant for our Northamptonshire based client. The purpose of the role is to carry out PR activities to maintain public relation accounts for the company’s clients in accordance with each client’s brief.
Role and responsibilities
- Develop and maintain relationships with each individual client and client’s team
- Develop and maintain computerised database of all press contacts in email format for use with company’s automated press release service
- Participate in product launches, hospitality events, and exhibitions
- Record and monitor all activity of each client’s account (EAV) for purpose of visibility and billing monthly
- Record all time electronically by client and activity
- Manage contact and PR email addresses and respond to enquiries from journalists (images, copy etc)
- Carry out research for news releases and/or campaigns as required to support team
- Arrange press visits, telephone interviews or email interviews
- Arrange and attend press/hospitality events client or others in the UK
- Write press releases with support from the team
- Attend training and to develop relevant knowledge and skills.
Experience and skills
- HND or degree in PR, journalism or English beneficial
- Work experience in a PR company an advantage
- English to at least A level standard
- Member of the Institute of Marketing or Public relations beneficial although not necessary
- Able to write and communicate via written media
- Understands the principles of public relations, marketing and advertising cost-effectiveness
- Experience of managing clients’ and journalists’ activities useful, but not essential
- Ability to talk confidently on the telephone and appreciate the need to respond immediately to client or journalist’s needs
- Must be adept in use of MS Office, particularly Excel and Word; plus PowerPoint or similar
- Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop or similar beneficial although not necessary
- Ideally manage databases to basic level, Internet and email
- Understand the benefits of a CRM system, preferable some experience of using one to be able to update and use
- Must be a very competent writer for press and news releases, features, advertorials and articles
- Must be an excellent face-to-face and telephone communicator
- Able to demonstrate success and experience in PR or marketing services
Key Words: PR Officer, Press Officer, PR Assistant, PR Executive, PR Administrator, Public Relations Officer, Public Relations Executive
Employment Agency - FS1 is a UK-based recruitment agency specialising within the Sales, Marketing and Creative fields for permanent, freelance and contract positions please contact us to discuss one of our many positions
Our sector experience includes working with a range of business-to-consumer (B2C) and business-to-business (B2B) companies within the Communications, Technology, Media, Leisure, Consumer Goods, Retailing, Food & Drink and Health & Beauty sectors for both Client and Agency side throughout the UK.
- Creative Agency
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'