Our client, who are a PR and Content Marketing Agency based in Central London are recruiting for an Account Executive to join their PR Team. This is a junior role and is perfect for a graduate who has a minimum of one years working experience within a PR agency.
Through committed client relationships, an understanding of related specialist areas and current affairs, the Account Executive applies a variety of tactics to raise the profile of its clients, bolster their brand reputation, and position them as experts in their field. Account Executives have the scope to make their mark within the agency, yet are supported by a 'safety net’ of advice and directional guidance from their managers.
WHAT YOU’RE HERE TO DO
- Have an understanding of the bigger picture and contribute to a regular and ongoing PR plan
- Undertake and action tasks to ensure the PR plan is executed to agreed standards, suggesting ideas in line with current events / market conditions / industry developments / the client’s needs and priorities
- Contribute creative ideas to the rest of the PR team
- Show an awareness of national and international current events and developments within fields of relevance and their implications for the agency and their clients’ business fields
- Use news media and other sources of information to develop own knowledge of clients’ relevant subject areas and update the team accordingly e.g. via team emails and/or contributions during team meetings.
- Contribute to the agency’s blog and other social media channels as appropriate
- Draft press releases, reactive comments, blogs, social media comments and thought leadership articles to a consistently high standard
- Modify work and incorporate suggested changes within agreed timescales/ deadlines
- Use written language skills to inform, persuade and communicate messages effectively
- Regularly contribute to the agency’s blog
- Speak confidently and clearly during meetings, presentations and new business pitches
- Use social media tools to interact and monitor developments with clients, the media and other professionals, sharing insights with the wider team.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with clients, engaging with them on a day to day basis
- Confidently discuss creative ideas with clients on calls and in face-to-face meetings
- Respond promptly and effectively to client queries or problems, referring any issues to an Account Manager promptly
- Understand and constantly bear in mind, the client’s brief, services they require, key objectives and metrics that indicate success
- Proactively prepare clear agendas and contact reports for client meetings and distribute these in a timely manner, according to company standards
- Prepare comprehensive client reports according to company standards and within agreed timescales
Working with the Media
- Understand and action relevant opportunities to secure coverage that is relevant and of a high quality
- Report any successes/concerns regarding press coverage to Account Managers / Directors
- Create, manage and update relevant and targeted press lists according to the needs of the client / campaign
- Consistently monitor relevant media for PR opportunities for clients, industry developments and creative angles
- Track upcoming features/editorial calendars to pitch clients for relevant opportunities
- Regularly collate, analyse and evaluate media coverage
- Organise and attend press meetings with relevant media and follow-up afterwards to maximise the opportunity
- Pitch news stories and features to the media accurately and effectively, on phone and email
- Understand who key journalists are and proactively build and maintain relationships with them through regular phone and email contact.
- Support the team as required, assisting with administration through to researching new business pitches
- Proactively support your manager, suggesting new ideas and questioning thinking where appropriate
- Foster good relationships with all internal departments and cross-functional teams
- Support the development of team members by sharing relevant experiences
- Refer to senior team members for advice and support.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
The Account Executive is expected to have the following skills and knowledge:
o Knowledge of fundamentals of PR industry
o Aware of changing industry trends
o Knowledge of distribution channels, audience preferences and limitation of channels
o Solid understanding of Social Media
o Excellent time management and prioritisation skills.
- Social Media
- Time Management
- Written Communication