Our client, a global leading PR Agency, is recruiting for an Account Director in their London office. The role is focused on Financial and Capital Markets communications for their Energy and Industrials clients.
The team predominantly advises FTSE 100 and 250 companies on their financial and corporate communications. Work includes supporting clients on their financial reporting obligations, M&A projects for retained and project clients (often with overseas offices) and crisis management. The team also works with a number of leading international Private Equity firms and there would be opportunities to also work within this sector.
Deliver to Client
- Support/lead on a number of programmes, including both retained and project work, ensuring that client programmes are agreed and project plans are implemented.
- Own client relationships with limited senior supervision; creatively preparing and delivering the client programme
- Provide strategic advice to a portfolio of clients, manage account on a day-to-day basis and develop excellent relationships with client group. Focus on client retention through exemplary service delivery
- Generate supportive media coverage for clients
- Anticipate potentially difficult situations and be able to evaluate alternatives with senior executives
Build the Business
- Seek out new business leads and help convert them to profitable clients
- Work alongside other senior members of the team on business development activities such as pitch preparation and delivery
- Look to expand the portfolio through business with existing clients and the broader company
- Proactively network with media contacts and industry analysts, as well as potential clients
- Project line management for the team working on your clients
- Knowledge sharing and mentoring junior team members
- Develop relationships with other teams within the company
- Relevant Communications or PR experience either in-house or agency side, ideally within Financial or Energy/Industrials.
- Proven track record in delivering successful programmes for clients
- Developing the ability to seek new business and effective at new business pitching
- A strong understanding of the media and how it operates
- Strong writing skills
- Excellent contacts in industry or a desire to develop these
- Possess or have the desire to develop excellent contacts with the media
- Ability to build strong rapport/relationships at all levels within the business and client organisations
- Displays gravitas, confidence and maturity, able to take the lead in team meetings
- Intellectually strong, demonstrating an ability to deal with highly complex issues
- Takes a pragmatic and 'can do’ approach
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills
- Demonstrates energy and a desire to provide exceptional client service
- Excellent team player with a positive and collegial focus
- Financial Communications
- Media Relations
- Public Relations