A Part-Qualified Assistant Management Accountant Job with a retail company in Chesterfield - c£25-30k + Study
Your new company
This established retail services company based in Chesterfield is looking for an Assistant Management Accountant to join their team at a Part-Qualified stage. They have recently gone through an acquisition stage, which on top of several significant contract wins, have led to significant growth in turnover. This growth has allowed several teams in the business to expand, including the Finance team who require support for one of the Management Accountants.
Ideally you will have at least two years' experience in a similar role to ensure a smooth transition to this company. They have been established in their market for over 30 years offering a comprehensive service to their clients which develops a high level of quality.
Your new role
You will join the finance team in a pivotal role working on the accounts of several departments within the business. This ensures variation and exposure to multiple elements within Finance. Working alongside a Management Accountant you will have the opportunity to be mentored from an experienced finance professional. You will be responsible for the following duties:
- Identify and build strong working relationships with key stakeholders across divisions
- Production of Management Information
- Assist in the compilation of budgeting and re-forecasting at a detailed level
- Financial modelling and analysis
- Preparation of management accounts with a high level of complexity
- Ability to interpret financial data and make decisions, review accounts and identify issues and irregularities.
- Calculation of client recharges and accrued and deferred revenue
- Analysis of revenue against forecast, with variance analysis
- Assist in maintaining and developing controls and processes around the invoicing process, revenue accounting, management information, and management reporting
- Preparation of balance sheet reconciliation dealing with complex requirements
- Production of the board financials and executive packs
- Preparation of inter-company VAT
- Calculation of the annual HMRC PAYE settlements
- Provide financial analysis and support across a variety of functions including payroll and commercial departments
- Other ad hoc duties as required.
What you'll need to succeed
This role requires sufficient experience in a similar Assistant Accountant position or a position in which you can confidently say you have completed the above tasks. This experience should equate to a minimum of 2 years, whilst you should ideally be working towards a recognised CCAB qualification ie CIMA, ACCA or ACA.
Furthermore you should ideally have experience in the following areas to be considered for the position:
- Preparation, analysis and review of management accounts.
- Have a good understanding of the process and controls within the sales ledger and purchase ledger functions.
What you'll get in return
In return for a standard working week based between 08:30 and 17:00, this role will offer a salary in the range of £25,000 to £30,000 plus a full study support package towards your chosen qualification. There is secure parking onsite and is easily accessible from surrounding towns and cities. You will receive a competitive benefits package which includes an auto-enrolment pension scheme and substantial holidays.Qualified by Experience candidates will be considered alongside CIMA / ACCA and ACA part qualified candidates. You may also be AAT Qualified with a view to further study in the future.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
- CIMA ACCA ACA QBE AAT Management Accountant Chetserfield