- Working as part of a team, the chosen candidate will be responsible for the design of key system features:
- Capturing and documenting systems requirements in a robust manner
- Cascading system requirements to sub-systems within / outside the Powertrain department
- Use case development to aid in system definition
- Delivery efficient technical solutions to cross functional problems
- Ensuring all robustness / quality processes are followed and built in to the system design
- Working closely with the system and functional safety leads
- Liaising across departments to ensure electrified propulsion system functionality is delivered correctly
- Strong experience of using IBM Rational suite of products, with particular emphasis on DOORS requirements management.
- Strong experience of delivering complex system designs using systems engineering methodologies.
- Proven experience in leading resolution and delivery of complex technical issues within project team environment
- Experience of complex system delivery
- Experience of systems engineering and/or complex system integration
- Qualified to degree level, or able to demonstrate equivalent levels of training & experience
- Strong communication, organisational and inter-personal skills
- Capability in MS Office applications
- Experience working in the automotive sector
- Experience of working on hybrid / electrified vehicles - Familiarity with Atego Artisan Studio software
- Experience of working with ISO26262 Functional Safety standards
- Experience in SysML / UML
- Role is primarily Gaydon based but may require travel to other sites at Whitley, Solihull, Birmingham and Warwick University
- Candidate to provide own safety shoes for any work in vehicle workshops.
- HV safety training will be provided as required