Behind the cutting edge of engine performance and design - is some of the best engineering companies in the world. As Engineers we dream of pushing out skills and abilities to the test, and can get lost in a large corporate where we are stuck designing something that doesn't really get the juices flowing.
A small business that has been in the marketplace for nearly 5 years now, is seeking a Powertrain Engineer. This is focusing on advanced development projects, which are improving the manufacturing of an engine to make it cheaper - to increase the range and fuel efficiency. To truly test your engineering skills and knowledge of engine optimization.
You'll be working on a new combustion engine, where you will be putting to the test your design, modeling and simulation/assembly skill set. You will also be able to cross collaborate to other platforms within the business - including fuel efficiency, performance, structure, dynamics, controls, ECU and modelling.
This company wants the people that really want to challenge their skills and knowledge - forward looking, multi-talented and self motivated engineers - that are happy to deal with external stake holders too.
Skills we are looking for -
- Assists in assembly and testing of finished parts.:
- Interfaces with machinists/suppliers to produce parts and QAs parts as they are complete.
- Operates in a team environment, providing input to design solutions and participating in design reviews.
- Plans, coordinates, and performs design, FEA and analysis work for a sub-system of a larger engine project.
- A BSME with experience in engine design and/or engine subsystem or component design.
- Experience with Solidworks.
- Proficiency in Matlab.
- Experience with developing prototypes and/or full development lifecycle from design to production.
It would like to see if you had exposure to:
- Experience with engine controls, dyno testing and/or customizable ECUs
Salary to be discussed, benefits, long-term growth potential, a pleasant and flexible working environment.
- Engine Performance
- Engine design
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job