Powertool / CNC Router Technical Advisor
You will be working in the Technical Department and report to the Customer Service and Technical Manager.
1. Answer technical department telephone lines, correspondence, online support, social media and email queries and advise end users, stockists and internal staff about correct use and application of your products.
2. Log all technical calls, and add email contact addresses onto internal database.
3. Process bespoke tooling quotations within three hours whenever possible, place purchase orders, ensure goods are delivered within 4 to 5 weeks of customer sign-off and make sure special tooling business is maximised and profitable.
4. Assist with the product support of company sponsored routing courses and colleges, and data collection.
5. Making woodworking samples for photography and samples for point of sale.
6. Test and evaluate new and existing company products and report findings and suggested improvements to line manager.
7. Suggest new ideas and advise line manager of competitor offering and product gaps in market
A practical knowledge of woodworking power tools and applications
Able to safely use woodworking machinery, power tools, sawblade and pin hole boring equipment
Minimum of 3-years’ experience in carpentry and joinery, and/or cabinet making
Able to manually handle products and equipment on and off site
A relevant HNC level, NVQ level 3 qualification and/or a recognised apprenticeship
Conversant with Microsoft Word and Excel computer programmes
You must have your own vehicle and a full clean driving licence
Duration Permanent with a 3 month ( 60 working days ) Probation Period
Salary £27,000 - £30,000 per annum depending upon skills and experience
Hours 37.5 hours a week
Times 9.00am till 5.30pm Monday – Friday with an hour for lunch
Holidays 24 days plus the 8 Bank Holidays, making a total of 28 days per annum
Pension Company scheme with the company contributing 4% and you contribute 3.%
Bonus Company monthly bonus based on sales after 1 year’s service, which based on recent months has been about £1,500-1,800 per year.
Benefits Free parking, free tea & coffee, free fruit, free on-site weekly Tai Chi classes and dress down Fridays.
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'