We are currently recruiting for a Team Leader to join our Power Operations team to be based in the East or West Yorkshire region. In this role, your key responsibilities will include;
- Support the installation & design of LV power technical solutions in a commercial environment, developing innovative, effective working methods as needed, to meet business and customer requirements within an agreed strategy.
- Provide expert "trouble-shooting" to identify and rectify power infrastructure problems, utilising internal resources and external contractor support.
- Produce the required power infrastructure design documentation to enable the infrastructure to be implemented and maintained, including any test records and general compliance with BS 7671 - Requirements for Electrical Installations.
- Creating quotations to assist with the production of business cases when necessary investment is required and delivering against this.
- Design & develop implementation strategies for new products and services to ensure they are able to maximise customer offerings through effective installation & maintenance.
- Identify, liaise and negotiate with external suppliers (finalising costs & organising quotations) to implement effective solutions for both immediate team and wider engineering functions.
- Investigate customer complaints relating to power installations or faults, and propose a response/solution acceptable to the business and the customer.
- Liaise with other departments e.g. Customer Support, Sales etc. liaising with suppliers where appropriate to analyse new/changes to systems and processes in order to improve service to customers.
- Champion innovation within a power setting.
- Leading a team of Power Infrastructure Engineers
- Undertake life cycle management of power assets (LV Electrical Systems, UPS, Generators & associated battery systems), including the planning of effective maintenance routines to be delivered by the team.
- Prioritising reactive work requests to address power related faults across the KCOM national property portfolio.
- Working as part of an on-call and escalation rota to support the business.
To be successful in your application you will have;
- Proven experience within a Commercial/Industrial power support setting.
- Extensive knowledge of: LV electrical installation and maintenance activities in a commercial/industrial setting.
- Strong skills in:
- LV electrical installation and design in accordance with BS 7671
- Electrical inspection and testing, including certification and verification of test results in accordance with BS7671
- Electrical Fault Finding (Find & Fix)
- IT and the use of standard test equipment (17th Edition and other electrical test equipment)
- Relationship management (in liaising with other internal departments and external suppliers)
- Commercial awareness (including supplier contracts, KCOM products, services & costs)
- Supplier management
- City & Guilds - Requirements for Electrical Installations (2382)
- City & Guilds - Periodic Inspection and Testing (2395) or Electrical Inspection and Testing (2391)
- Proven Supervisory Experience
- Full Driving License
- City & Guilds - Design, Erection and Verification (2396)
- Other Electrical Engineering Qualifications (HNC, etc.).
- Building Services Related Qualifications
- Working Knowledge of Standby Power Systems (DC Power Systems, UPS Systems, Generators and Battery Systems)
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job