Pottery Assistant Manager
We’re a thriving team passionate about working together to deliver excellence, all in a natural forest environment.
Join the UK’s number one short break destination. We are proud to have more than 7,000 team members across five Center Parcs Villages and Head Office, working to create memorable experiences for families in beautiful forest locations.
With up to 200 indoor and outdoor activities available, Center Parcs is the perfect place for families to try something new together. The Leisure team plays a key role in ensuring families feel confident, safe and happy during their activity, whatever their age or ability.
There are many opportunities in the Leisure team, and our offering of activities continues to grow. From donning an eye patch in Pirate and Princess Adventure, to whizzing around a track in Quad Bike Safari or scaling the forest canopy in Aerial Adventure, our focus is on delivering a quality experience that guests will remember, whether it’s their first or fiftieth time.
ABOUT THE BENEFITS
- Annual profit share/management bonus
- Staff Reward Scheme
- Free use of leisure facilities
- Discounted Center Parcs breaks
- 20% discount in restaurant and retail outlets
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are now looking to recruit an Assistant Manager for the Pottery studio at our village, Longleat Forest.
The successful candidate will manage and run the Pottery Studio and its associated cost centre activities including, but not exclusively: Pottery studio, retail sales and stock.
Duties will include:
- Providing assistance in driving and developing demand and further opportunities to enhance the commercial management of the studio
- Ensuring the smooth running of the pottery studio in accordance with company standards
- Maintaining high standards of guest care and building management
- Ensuring stock is well maintained, accounted for and the stock is well merchandised to create an environment that attracts guests and encourages them to return
- Ensuring the team are well trained, developed and motivated
- Pursue high standards of cleanliness are kept throughout and facilities are maintained well
Due to the sensitive nature of this role the successful applicant will be required to apply for disclosure with the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly CRB). This disclosure, together with other selection information, will need to be satisfactory to the Company for employment to commence.
HOURS OF WORK
You will be contracted to work 160 hours per 4 week period on a flexible basis. This means that your hours and days of work could vary each week, but you will always receive at least your contracted hours each period.
As our village is open 365 days of the year, your working hours may include working weekends, bank holidays and during Christmas and/or New Year on a rota basis.
- 2 Year’s supervisory experience
- High degree of organisational skills / planning experience
- Excellent people skills
- Computer literacy
- Previous craft or pottery skills and experience
- Previous work experience of other Leisure departments
- Retail and merchandising experience
Closing date: 21 August 2018 at 12 Noon
1st Interviews to be held: 28 August 2018
Please note this vacancy may close at any time once sufficient applications have been received. Early submission of your application is therefore encouraged.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"