Carnival UK is the operating company for P&O Cruises & Cunard. We provide unforgettable holiday experiences and operate a winning culture to achieve standout success.
A superb and exciting opportunity to join a modern, iconic business based in Southampton in a pivotal role that supports business delivery.
Assisting in the day to day but vital tasks of our busy Postroom and the Dockmasters Office, you will be a key member of our dedicated and committed team. Ensuring accurate logging and distribution of mail in Carnival House and regularly visiting the ships delivering and collecting mail from various berths in Southampton.
You will be responsible for:
- Preparing ships mail, driving the company van to the docks and delivering the mail on board the ship to the crew services manager as well as liaising with our in house port agents regarding any operational requirements.
- Completing pro-formas for our fly cruise ships mail, readying the shipment for delivery to world wide destinations.
- Dealing with enquiries from European and rest of the world clients either by phone or email.
- Using our on-line courier systems preparing shipments to be sent to uk and world wide addresses
- Sort incoming mail and packages into pigeon holes and to deliver around the building, gaining signatures where necessary and operating the franking machine and x-ray etc.
- When covering the Dockmasters you will be expected to manage external contractors; issuing permits, car parking spaces and operating the cameras for the barriers and gates.
- Have a strong awareness of health and safety in the working environment
- Strong relationship skills and effective communicator coupled with strong attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
- Able to meet strict deadlines and targets
- Follow precise verbal and written instructions.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Work on own initiative and as part of a team.
- Good PC Skills using email and the use of Microsoft programs - Word and Excel.
- Demonstrating a desire to improve and develop
- Driving license.
- Manual Handling knowledge preferred, but not essential as training will be given, as you will be lifting mail bags and boxes.
Working Monday to Friday, 8am - 4.30pm you will thrive being part of this superb team and an organisation that truly places its people at the centre - we are 'better together'.
One of our core organisational values is that we are 'better together' and that’s why we’re working hard to build a flexible and inclusive culture; where difference is respected and valued and where our people can be themselves. Inclusivity is at the heart of our everything we do so we welcome applications from everyone. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage & civil partnership and pregnancy & maternity.
Our Cunard ships have been defining sophisticated ocean travel for over 175 years. Our ships have always been The Most Famous Ocean Liners in the World. We continue our legacy of luxury ocean travel with our flagship Queen Mary 2, Queen Victoria and Queen Elizabeth, with Queen Mary 2 providing the only regularly scheduled transatlantic service between Southampton and New York. In 2022 our fourth Queen will join our Cunard fleet.
P&O Cruises has a proud and long tradition, with seven ships including our flagship Britannia which joined our fleet in March 2015. Our new ship, the largest in the UK market, will join the fleet in 2020, meaning we can offer more experiences tailored to British tastes - combining genuine service, a sense of occasion and attention to detail, ensuring passengers have the holiday of a lifetime, every time.
It takes great passion and real dedication to maintain our position at the top. That’s why extraordinary, passionate people are at the heart of our journey delivering the highest standards to our valued customers. With support to help you reach your potential, attractive company benefits and incredible employee offers on discounted cruises we want your career with us to be successful and fun. Join us on our journey, apply now.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job