Job Title: Postal Delivery Walker
Job Type: Temporary, ongoing agency work
Location: Variable in RH Postcode Region
- Start time: Variable between 07:00am and 10:00am
- Finish time: Variable between 14:00 (2:00pm) and 16:00 (4:00pm)
All hours are set by the client, between 5 and 8 hours a day.
Days: Monday to Saturday - Minimum 5 days out of 6 with Saturdays being required
Pay rates: £8.00/£8.40 minimum Monday - Friday. £9.00/£9.45 minimum Saturday
Wages increase after 13 weeks continuous employment to around £10.00/£10.50 per hour!
Our client, Royal Mail are seeking multiple Postal Walkers for immediate start (subject to security vetting)
We are expecting this position to start within 5-10 days after registration.
Please note you will be working outdoors in all weathers. You will be undertaking the role on foot so a driving license is not required, however it is preferred.
The role will be delivering mail and parcels to residences and businesses within a set area, along a set route.
You'll start your day in the local delivery office, sorting the mail for your route, before leaving, either alone or with another member of Royal Mail staff in a van. You'll each be given a hand-held computer device to capture customer signatures for deliveries and the round will take around 4 hours to complete. New delivery methods mean you won't be carrying heavy bags (there's a trolley for that) although completing your round on foot will keep you in good shape.
Before starting you will be given basic, introductory training, further training may be available, on request, if required however you will be expected to learn as you go.
Job role & responsibilities
- Sorting mail out into postcodes/addresses for delivery
- On foot door to door delivery
- Providing fantastic customer service at all times
- Physically fit and have no issues in walking for 5 hours per day
- Be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Be willing to work outdoors in all weathers
- Have a good grasp of the English Language both written and spoken
- Be IT literate and confident in using scanners/ computers
- Be able to work in the RH postcodes, and be flexible to travel within these regions.
Due to the nature of the role, the company requires an in-depth security clearance check (we are unable to accept applications from anyone who has a criminal record for sexual offences, violence or theft/ fraud) and 5 years worth of address history. Anyone who cannot provide this information will automatically be rejected.
Simple Recruitment Services Ltd are acting as an employment agency in this instance. It is not always possible to respond to every applicant, so if you have not heard back from us in 7 days then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful in this occasion. Simple Recruitment Services Ltd will retain your information, and may make contact in the future should other suitable positions become available.
Simple Recruitment Services Ltd are an equal opportunities employer