Getting mail delivered isn’t just important in the Army - it’s vital. As a Postal & Courier Operator you’ll be playing a key role, getting mail to soldiers, sailors and airmen so they can stay in touch with friends and family. You’ll train as a courier, mail guard, counter clerk and sorter, learning how to use the latest IT and satellite communication systems. We’ll even teach you to run your own post office and deliver top secret mail. You’ll travel the world and gain qualifications and driving licences - all while building a CV that will set you up for life.
Find where you belong.
If you want to be a Postal & Courier Operator, you'll start with your initial military training which will teach you how to be a soldier - this will cover everything from fieldcraft to how to handle a rifle. If you join as a Junior Soldier (under 17 years 5 months), you’ll do a 23-week basic military training course at Harrogate. If you join as a Regular Soldier (over 17 years 1 month), you’ll do the regular 14-week adult basic training.
After mastering the basics you take a 3 week course at the Defence College of Logistics and Policing Administration in Deepcut, Camberley. This teaches you to use our systems, which help us track and trace mail all over the world. You also learn how to deal with Top Secret material.
The Army can help you gain a range of qualifications. These could include:
- Level 2 Certificate Logistics & Transport
- Affiliate Membership of CILT
- Level 2 Apprenticeship Mail Services
- Get higher level qualifications as you progress.
SHOW PEOPLE WHAT YOU’RE CAPABLE OF
We'll be with you every step of the way as you move up the ranks. From the moment you begin your training you'll get all the support and encouragement you need to make a success of your career. Work hard and you'll soon get promoted, which means more responsibility and extra pay.
Become a Postal & Courier Operator and you’ll:
- Earn a starting salary of around £15,600 during Basic Training which will rise to £20,000 after completing 26 weeks’ training or after completing your Initial Trade Training, if less than 26 weeks
- Receive subsidised accommodation and facilities, increasing your disposable income
- Receive free medical and dental health cover
- Have the continuous access promotional opportunity and to continually progress your career
- Be sponsored to earn valuable civilian-recognised qualifications
- Take part in Adventurous Training and be able to play your favourite sports.
BELONG TO SOMETHING THAT MATTERS.
You should be:
- Regular Army age: 16.6 - 35.6 years
- Army Reserve age:
New enlistments: 17.9 - 43 years
Ex-Regular: 17.9 - 52 years
Specialist (Soldier): 17.9 - 50 years
Qualifications you’ll need:
GCSE Grade A-D/9-3 in at least English Language and Maths
- Mid Thigh Pull 46kg
- Medicine Ball Throw 2.9m
- 2km run 11m 15s (11m30s for Junior Entry)
Our next deadline for application is 30th September 2020, with further opportunities ongoing throughout the year.
FIND WHERE YOU BELONG.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'