Alchemy is pleased to be partnering with a world-renowned international auction house in their search for a Post-War and Contemporary Art Lead to join their team in London.
Our client combines years of exemplary service and a sterling reputation as a leading auction house with state-of-the-art facilities and forward-thinking digital innovation. They are continuing to invest heavily in both their technology and their people as part of their commitment to be auction house of choice for Fine Art and Jewellery.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an expert in the Post-War and Contemporary Art specialism to join one of the world’s best-known and well-respected auction houses.
- Manage the Post-War and Contemporary Art department, including department strategy, budgets, developing long-term plans and staff management.
- Manage the team within the department, ensuring each team member is motivated and performing to the best of their abilities, and sharing your expertise and knowledge to encourage the professional development and growth of more junior team members.
- Identify and secure consignments to auction and private sale from dealers, private collectors, museums and other institutions.
- Participate in auctions and selling exhibitions globally, and actively locate buyers for consigned lots.
- Participate in networking events, client facing projects and buyer focussed events that will boost the profile and sales of the department.
- Develop excellent relationships with clients and ensure the department provides exemplary service inline with contractual obligations.
- Maintain and support the development of the client database for the department.
- Solid experience in post-war and contemporary art
- Significant auction industry experience, preferably at a leading auction house
- Established active network of collectors and dealers in the post-war and contemporary art field.
- Ability to successfully manage and develop a team.
- Excellent communicator and highly professional approach to working with clients.
- Tech-savvy and able to stay up to date with digital advancements.
- Happy to travel internationally as required.
"What’s on offer"
- Along with a competitive salary package, you will join a highly collaborative team of proactive specialists in a creative and exciting environment. You will have the ability to work in an innovative company where you will have a "voice" and the freedom to fully develop your career.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'