Job Title - Administrator
Responsible to - Head of Operations
Hours of Work - Part Time equivalent of 2/3 days a week (negotiable).
Salary - £10.50 per hour
Work Arrangements- Office based (Leamington Spa)
Term: This post will be subject to a satisfactory probation period of 8 weeks. Post is initially up to December 2018 and maybe extended subject to funding availability
Job Summary - Carry outa range of administrative duties guided by Head of Operations and/or Management of Sikh Council UK- in line with policies and procedures of Sikh Council UK.
Main duties -
- Attend to queries to Sikh Council UK including casework
- Create and maintain filing systems
- Answering calls as first point of contact
- Organise and maintain diary of meetings and events
- Attend meetings and events at request of management (may include minute taking)
- Maintain and update websites, internal databases and social media streams
- Attend relevant events and/or meetings in line with requirement of Sikh Council UK
- Able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing in English
- Ability to effectively communicate in Panjabi
- Ability to listen attentively and maintain a friendly approach
- Ability to multi-task and work well under pressure
- Adaptable approach to frequently evolving changes
- Ability to relay information clearly and concisely
- Good Computer skills particularly in use of Microsoft Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, Access, etc., ability to produce correspondence and documents and to maintain presentations, records, spreadsheets and databases and word processing;
- Ability to respond promptly to queries
- Demonstrate good telephone manner
- Good record keeping skills
- Willingness to travel as required
- Ability to work well and form good working relationships with agencies in delivering a high quality service.
- Ability to work flexible hours including occasional evenings, weekends and holidays
- Available to attend meetings/events at short notice
- Maintain confidentiality within the scope of the organisation.
- Experience of Fundraising and maintaining budgets
- Ability to write Panjabi
- Track record of having worked in voluntary/charity organisations
Out of Pocket Expenses incurred directly relating to the role are reimbursed in line with the organisations budget plan.
Applying for the post
Please apply by sending CV and cover note referencing to specific requirements of the post
Closing Date: 2nd February 2018
- Microsoft Word