Position: Positive Behaviour Practitioner
Location: London (E14 & N15)
Salary: £32,000 - £35,000 per annum (depending on experience)
Role: Permanent & Full Time
Our client is a specialist provider of adult social care, supporting people with complex needs to enjoy life. And we are working with them to appoint a Positive Behaviour Support (PBS) & Active Support (AS) Practitioner to work at a two services within London, North N15 and East E14.
In this role you will be based in a select few services requiring intensive PBS support, carrying out full functional assessment work, giving advice, training, support, and practice leadership to staff teams ensuring that the vision, values and operating principles are delivered at all times. You will be supported by the Subsidiary PBS and AS Partner and receive case load supervision from the Senior PBS and AS Partner.
What are your key responsibilities?
- Undertaking assessments, including functional assessments, and providing guidelines and advice on supporting people with challenging behaviour
- Being responsive to service crisis and pro-active in supporting and coaching change
- Delivering training in positive behaviour support and person-centred active support
- Design and use of behavioural measurement systems, measuring and tracking behavioural trends, analysis of data and writing reports
- Support the teams to improve quality of life of the people supported through goal setting with a particular focus on skills teaching
- Advising on best practice and providing practice leadership and coaching to employees and managers, including providing direct support
- Liaising and working in partnership with other professionals and families of the people we support
- Maintaining relationships and liaising regularly with the Quality Assurance and Practice Department.
This role will be Monday to Friday based in North and East London and does not require the need to drive as you will be based in only the selected few services.
- You must have at least a Level 5 Qualification in Positive Behaviour Support (PBS)
- Experience of working as a PBS practitioner for at least 1 year
- Experienced in person centred active support
- Experience of delivering in service training
- Experience of leading and managing a team, providing practice leadership
- Ability to communicate confidently and effectively
- Ability to provide positive support and de-brief staff teams during challenging situations
- Willingness to mentor/support learners through a PBS qualification.
- Paid enhanced DBS
- E-learning/Classroom training/Diplomas
- Regular one to one supervision
- Refer a friend bonus scheme - earn up to £350
- Increasing annual leave with length of service
- Flexible working
- Occupational sick pay
- Maternity/paternity pay
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Learning Disabilities
- Mental Health
- Social Care
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'