Innovate UK is the UKs innovation agency. Innovate UK works with people, companies and partner organisations to find and drive the science and technology innovations that will grow the UK economy - delivering productivity, new jobs and exports. Our aim at Innovate UK is to keep the UK globally competitive in the race for future prosperity.
Innovate UK fund, support and connect innovative businesses to accelerate sustainable economic growth and we are looking for new talent to share our vision, to join us as Innovators.
We currently have a vacancy for a field based Enterprise Europe Network (EEN) Portfolio Specialist.
Reporting to the EEN Coordinator, Head of Strategic Development, you will play a key role in delivering the EEN across England, Northern Ireland and Wales; working with other members of the EEN leadership team, to ensure it adds maximum value to the Innovate UK Connect proposition and is shaped to support delivery of Innovate UK objectives and the UK Government Industrial Strategy.
Working closely with the EEN Coordinator, Head of Strategic Development and the EEN Head of Operational Development as well as interfacing with the Innovate UK Head of Business Networks and Head of EU and Global Engagement, you will facilitate access to multiple delivery channels on behalf of Innovate UK SME beneficiaries. Thus delivering maximum value for UK SME clients in their innovation and internationalisation activities carried out with the 20 regional EEN partners.
As part of this fast paced team, you will help enable Innovate UK to successfully develop how its business facing networks support innovative businesses to grow internationalise and scale, to deliver on the Connect proposition; alongside ensuring it is discharging its contractual responsibilities as Coordinator of the Enterprise Europe Network, England, Northern Ireland and Wales.
The successful candidate will be comfortable working in a dynamic, creative environment and be passionate about innovation and supporting UK SMEs to grow, internationalise and scale.
- Educated to Degree level or equivalent working experience
- Experience of managing large European funded projects and delivery of operational targets
- Experience of complex international Networks with multiple stakeholders and competing demands
- Experience of delivering business support and innovation programmes and knowledge of the UK's business support and innovation system
- Experience of achieving results through influencing skills rather than direct control
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities include:
- Lead on the internal systems integration of the Network with Innovate UK, managing relationships and transition of information between the relevant directorates and other members of the Innovate UK family of services
- Line management for one direct report
- Develop relationships with the officers of the European Agency for SMEs (EASME) for Consortium claim and reporting.
- Develop in the role to lead and manage with the 20 partners the consolidation of the Consortium claim, supporting the EEN Coordinator and Head of Operational Development in the construction of the yearly and twice yearly reports
- Responsible for monitoring the operational performance of the Innovate UK EEN coordination team against their EASME and Innovate UK KPIs, in their national role
- Ensuring robust audit compliance, and compliance with internal procurement process; you will liaise with the Innovate UK Governance Team to this end. Managing responsibilities and relationships with service contractors as necessary.
- You will support the EEN Coordinator in the development of delivery strands with cross organisation impact, including but not limited to:
- Internationalisation and international partnering
- Services relating to the H2020 SME Instrument,
- Innovate 2 Succeed and triage services for Innovate UK competition beneficiaries
- Special projects such as the infocus, Women in Innovation initiative.
- The Innovate UK EEN Scale Up Pilot
- New projects as they arise
- Oversee compliance with internal monitoring and evaluation process in respect of new projects, facilitating their integration with Innovate UK systems as they arise and as necessary. In addition managing the continuous reporting requirements of the European Commission Participant Portal
- Work closely with the EEN, Communications and Development team colleagues to gather and aggregate insight and impact data for management information relating to EEN services. Ensuring the organisation of this information for best use of the team, the Connect Portfolio and across organisation stakeholders
For more information on this role and to apply, please visit our careers portal by clicking the 'apply now' button.
Closing date for applications is 23:59 midday on Monday 26th March 2018.
ARC is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.