Portfolio Office Manager
Public Sector - Permanent Position
Must be SC Cleared
Salaray: Up to £33,000
Location: Canary Wharf
Department: Change Implementation
To assist senior management in the delivery and maintenance of P3M (project, programme and portfolio management) standards and deliver by:
- Owning, reviewing and improving P3M standards;
- Working effectively and proactively with programme and project managers to ensure appropriate deployment of P3M standards;
- Developing and maintaining all portfolio office collateral in order to provide robust assurance and quality control in line with best practice;
- To be the first point of contact for portfolio enquiries
- Reporting to Senior Project Manager - Change Implementation
- Line management responsibilities for project officer pool.
- Maintain the portfolio plan and the portfolio critical path plan.
- Analyse interfaces and critical dependencies between projects in the portfolio and make recommendations for appropriate actions to project leads.
Reporting and Monitoring
- Track and report on progress against the portfolio plan, by ensuring timely reporting of delivery, risks, issues, and changes.
Develop and maintain the portfolio dashboard to provide a summary of the status of the portfolio.
- Maintain & ensure adherence with the SIA Project Management Framework and governance arrangements, including owning the standards for risk and issue management and ensuring planning and other reporting is in place.
- To provide advice and support to other departments within the SIA on project management tools and techniques. Identify and share good practice amongst staff involved in delivering the change portfolio.
- Ensure health checks are carried out on individual projects in line with SIA guidelines and portfolio assurance approach, supporting external audit reviews.
- Ensure pro-active corrective action is taken to support the delivery of projects successful
- Ensure effective development, maintenance and archiving of the portfolio library and document management in line with the SIA record management approach using SharePoint.
- Develop and maintain the intranet template library and the rest of the 'Managing Projects' intranet resource area
- Act as secretariat for the portfolio steering group, ensuring organisation of meetings and papers, drafting agenda, taking minutes, recording actions and following up accordingly.
- Chair portfolio workshops and review meetings.
Relevant Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Demonstrable experience as a Programme Office Manager and /or Portfolio Office Manager.
- Applied experience of hands on engagement to ensure delivery of concurrent priority projects.
- Applied experience of using PRINCE2 / MSP/ MOP within a project/programme/portfolio environment.
- Applied management of risks, issues and change requests
- Experience of setting up and controlling a project library - e.g. SharePoint.
- Demonstrate pace and energy
- Advanced Microsoft Office
- Advanced Microsoft Project
- Advanced Microsoft Visio skills
- Excellent and well proven oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and activity management skills.
- Excellent team working and organisational skills.
- Analytical skills - proven ability to deal with complex issues and make them understandable to a wide audience.
- Ability to act under own initiative and constantly strive to deliver excellence in your work.
- Demonstrates ability to deliver to tight timeframes in an uncertain and pressurised environment.
- Security cleared
- Experience of working in public sector project delivery
- PRINCE 2 Practitioner
- MSP Practitioner
- MOP Practitioner
- Experience of Gateway reviews and/or other external audit reviews.
Randstad Business Support is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.