Salary: £50,000 - £60,000
Working in conjunction with the lead manager on the discretionary desk and the wider office to provide high quality investment strategies in line with the mandate set by client, whilst adhering to all regulatory and organisational requirements and procedures.
- Manage and review client portfolios, making decisions which reflect the mandate of the individual client and be in accordance with the firm`s stated research and suitability processes.
- Ensure that the investment process positions the clients within the correct suitability bandings.
- Where appropriate to attend meetings with the other IMs to discuss and outline investment strategy.
- Maintain a comprehensive knowledge of investment products, market and professional expertise and an understanding of regulatory requirements to deliver the best level of client service.
- Execute the firm’s operating procedures effectively and, for all regulated activities, as required by the FCA.
- Contribute to initiatives in the team, office or business that improve the strength and quality of the business and the service provided to clients.
- Actively contribute to desk strategy and asset selection.
- Update/maintain discretionary desk systems and research.
- Provide appropriate MI regarding client investment performance/suitability bandings to the IMs or senior management as required.
- Please note this is not a client facing role.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
- Relevant experience within Investment Management and project work
- Intermediate/Advanced knowledge of Excel - experience of creating macros and complex formulas.
- Good knowledge of other MS Office programs.
- Strong numeracy and literary skills.
- Knowledge of regulatory obligations in relation to your role as a CF30 and as an Approved Person and compliance requirements including but not limited to: Data Protection, AML, Market Abuse, Fraud