ProTalent are currently working with a well established medium sized accountancy firm in Kent to recruit a portfolio manager.
One of the partners is looking to retire over the next couple of years, therefore we are looking for a manager to take over his portfolio of clients.
The role will involve all aspects of accounts production and tax compliance work, as well as other ad hoc accounting projects. You will work closely with the retiring partner to ensure that a successful and adequate handover takes place. There will be an emphasis on getting to know your clients and you will be the type of accountant that actively looks for ways to assist and support your clients - be it for tax planning purposes or business growth.
The role will sit between the partners and some of the more junior members of staff and will involve:
- Accounts production for sole traders, partnerships and limited companies
- Management reporting and accounting
- Tax computations and filing of tax returns
- Reviewing work completed by more junior members of the team
- Mentoring junior members of the team
- Working with clients to ensure the best possible service is being delivered
- Providing technical advice for other staff members
The successful applicant will be ACA/ACCA Qualified, with solid practice under their belt. You will be comfortable running your own portfolio of clients and be keen secure a role offering autonomy and responsibility.
A fantastic package and working environment are on offer to the successful applicant.
To apply for this position, please do so through this website or contact ProTalent directly to discuss further.
We will endeavour to respond to your application within 48 hours.
Thank you for your interest.