Fantastic opportunity for an exhibition Portfolio Director to lead the construction portfolio within a growing events / trade show / expo business in the middle-east.
You’ll need extensive experience as a PD or senior Event Director in the field of exhibitions and conferences. The position is based in Oman, a region with huge appeal for foreign expats with 30-40% better living standards than Dubai and a strong growth forecast for the country.
This is a senior position with overall management and profit responsibility for the business’ largest portfolio, to develop and manage the operations of the construction shows in the local and international markets. This includes budgeting, management, overseeing marketing, sales and operations.
Working with leadership and the team, you’ll develop a strategy that ensures that the events are innovative and include truly valuable and relevant content. You’ll be responsible for continuing to grow the audiences and deliver long-term financial growth.
What you’ll be doing:
- Develop a 5-year financial and strategic plans for the portfolio / Construction Cluster
- Ensuring that the teams are engaged in the budgeting process and have the resources and support necessary to achieve or exceed budgeted revenue and profit, as well as long term financial growth
- Growing existing exhibitions within the portfolio
- Develop a launch strategy that includes geo-adapting/cloning current events into new territories, developing new events in adjacent product sectors, new products for the existing market and measurable KPIs in line with regional and international standards
- Drive the strategy and take the lead responsibility for the retention and growth of client account(s) to reach quarterly and annual revenue and margin targets
- Aggressively review the business process cycles of planning and operations and the pricing policies and suggest ideas that drive higher revenue
- Oversee Sales and Marketing functions, establishing monthly forecasting process to determine likely results and track budgets and achieve revenue and contribution budget/forecast
- Identify and implement ways of increasing our exhibitor sales revenues
- Take the lead role in developing new profiles/events value-proposition, suggest new ideas and technical innovations that improve the proposition
- Work alongside the Business Development Manager to market and present existing and new proposition to prospects and key industry leaders to generate interest and new business opportunities.
- Develop relationships with the associations, organizations and export promotion bodies.
- Review of the current affiliations, stakeholders and strategic partners, enhance relationships as well as further identify regional and international partners that can help enhance sales and business levels
- Recruit and manage high calibre talent
- Motivate, engage and empower your staff to ensure retention levels are high and communicate effectively with the team
- Extensive experience within the events sector at a senior level
- Forecasting and budget management
- Proven track record of launching new events
- Financial management
- Full understanding of operations and H&S
- Sales management
- Staff and team management
- Excellent understanding of event marketing and audience engagement with business and C-level decision makers
- Solid understanding of the best and latest event technologies
- Excellent client management experiences
- Excellent problem-solving skills, able to come up with solutions and overcome obstacles
- Clear and confident decision making
- Passionate about achieving business success and driving account improvement
Why this is a great opportunity:
- This position is based in Oman,a region with huge appeal for foreign expats with 30-40% better living standards than Dubai and a strong growth forecast for the country
- The salary on offer is £70k per year with a very generous bonus scheme
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job