We are currently looking for an experienced Portfolio Analyst for the Personal Lines Property line of business to provide pricing and underwriting support and expertise. This role will enable achievement of business plan by providing analytical support and leadership, using advanced techniques to improve pricing and underwriting strategies, and coordinating cross-functionally to ensure best practices are identified, shared, and implemented.
The Portfolio Analyst will be required to:
- Monitoring and analysing performance of accounts within their responsibility
- Use the results of your analysis to input into the Underwriting and Pricing strategy for Zurich’s Personal Lines products
- Using targeted pricing proposals to deliver business and underwriting strategy
- Be aware of market developments, distribution channels and our competitive position in relation to allocated products
- Develop knowledge and expertise in product line and industry.
- Operate within established organization Risk Policy, Global Underwriting Policy and underwriting governance policies.
- Contribute to development of technical underwriting guidelines, and Best Practices, including controls and procedures.
- Work on projects of low to moderate complexity.
- Support and improve aspects of portfolio management, including analysis to monitor profitability and growth of the line of business.
- Monitor Technical Price accuracy and supports Technical Price Certification.
- Contribute to the Technical Underwriting Review Process.
- Participate in compliance-related queries, including regulatory exams and insurance department inquiries. Anticipate, recognize and respond to needs of customers.
- Support implementation of customer initiatives.
- Resolve technical problems by referring to policies, procedures, specifications.
Your skills and experience:
To be successful in this role, you will need an analytical related degree e.g. mathematics, economics, physics etc or equivalent. You will also need an understanding of basic statistics techniques and some relevant experience in a similar position.
An influencer with proven internal focus, the job’s core deliverables rely on influencing or negotiating with a range of internal clients, usually at the line manager or employee level.
You’ll also have:
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to produce innovative solutions
- Results driven mindset
- Commercial focus
- Drive and enthusiasm
- Ability to influencing and negotiate
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Strategic ability combined with sound operational planning skills
- Strong at prioritising, resourcing, planning and project management
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Effective interpersonal and negotiations skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to manage diverse work portfolio under pressure
- Must be able to travel occasionally
- Knowledge of Insurance and Business preferred