BMI Ridgeway Hospital in Swindon is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Porter to join their team of staff in the Hotel Services department.
This is a FULL time role for 37.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Maths, English GCSE at grades A to C or equivalent functional skills level 2 evidence.
- To work flexibly to meet the needs of the business
- Proficient in the use of a PC, including the use of software and systems.
- Must have good customer service skills and good telephone skills
Duties of this role include:
- Undertake a range of general and ad hoc tasks on a day to day basis to meet the requirements of the site such as patient, equipment, and goods (e.g., pharmacy goods) movement
- Explain hospital facilities and services to patients and family members when escorting people to rooms or other hospital areas
- Provide a courteous service to internal and external customers
- Ensure patient comfort and dignity are maintained at all times
- Where applicable, assist in supporting patients in and out and of vehicles when arriving or leaving the hospital
- Provide help and guidance to patients, relatives and visitors requiring assistance
- Undertake as required any miscellaneous ad-hoc portering requests from the departments and wards to ensure the smooth running of the Hospital
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive starting salary and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
- BMI Healthcare Scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- Staff Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday per annum
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job