An exciting oportunity has arisen to join our portering team at The job purpose is to undertake a comprehensive range of General and Departmental Portering duties to the required service delivery standardsand to support the provision of the highest quality patient care through personal actions and continuous improvement.
You would also be expected to cover all wards and departments at Kings Mill, Newark General and Mansfield Community Hospitals in times of absence and annual leave.
Compass Group UK and Ireland is part of Compass Group Plc, the world's leading foodservice company. We specialise in providing food, vending and related services in our clients' premises. The company operates across the core sectors of Business &; Industry, Defence, Offshore & Remote Site, Healthcare, Education, Sports & Leisure and Vending with an established brand portfolio.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Communication and dealing with patients, visitors and members of staff in a manner which reflects the high standard of care and commitment.
- Transport of patients and goods using various modes of transportation within agreed response times and standards.
- Record all information as required, in the required format to ensure adherence to standards.
- Receive, record and prioritise job requests in line with agreed procedures.
- Inform the Portering and Transport Manager or Portering Supervisors of any repairs or maintenance required.
- Carry out other duties as required appropriate to this post.
- Deliver linen using electronic vehicles.
The ideal candidate will have a flexible approach to working as you would be required to work various shifts covering a 24 hour period. You will do a maximum of 5 shifts over 7 days, these will include weekends and bank holidays.
Portering duties including
- the transportation of patients, medical gas cylinders (including the exchange and checking of flow meters), equipment, stores, furniture, mail, case notes, some of which can be heavy.
- Modes of transport include wheelchairs, beds and stretcher trolleys and electronic vehicles.
- The duties require a combination of walking, standing, lifting, pushing and pulling.
- Duties will involve coming into contact with distressed patients / visitors and deceased patients.
About the company
ompass Group UK and Ireland is part of Compass Group Plc, the world's leading foodservice company. We specialise in providing food, vending and related services in our clients' premises. The company operates across the core sectors of Business & Industry, Defence, Offshore & Remote Site, Healthcare, Education, Sports & Leisure and Vending with an established brand portfolio.
Our Company vision is Great People, Great Service, Great Results and we believe your contribution is crucial to the success of the business. To achieve our vision we live by the values of Integrity, Team work, Passion, Can-Do and Responsibility.