BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in hospitals throughout the UK – and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare’s Shirley Oaks Hospital has a vacancy for a Theatre Porter / Housekeeper for various shifts, Late Evenings, Some Days including Saturdays. There is some flexibility. Experience would be preferred but there will be full training for this dual role.
This is a bank role working on an “as and when required” basis, you will be required to supplement staffing levels during busy periods and provide cover for existing staff in times of annual leave or absence.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Competence in literacy and numeracy
- Good Communication skills essential
- Maths, English GCSE at grades A to C or equivalent functional skills level 2 evidence.
- Proficient in the use of a PC, including the use of software and systems.
Duties of this role include:
- Undertaking the day to day cleaning of patient, public and employee areas.
- Maintaining a safe and pleasant environment for patients, visitors and BMI employees.
- Replenishment of linen and consumables.
- Flexibility to work in all departments (including Theatre areas) and at other BMI sites where appropriate and as requested
- Cleaning and servicing of all hospital areas (clinical and non-clinical, including Theatre) to the required BMI standards and in line with BMI procedures.
- Setting up of rooms in accordance with the policies and procedures
- Undertake any duties required of the housekeeping department
- Complete daily task sheets and submit to the Housekeeper Lead on a daily basis for auditing purposes
- Comply with room clean target times and any timing targets for cleaning of general areas
- Undertake deep cleaning of areas on a rota basis and/or according to the cleaning schedule
- Use cleaning chemicals and materials according to instructions, COSHH reports and BMI procedures
- Use appropriate H&S signage at all times to notify employees, patients and visitors that cleaning is in progress
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive hourly rate.
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.