BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in hospitals throughout the UK – and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare’s Beardwood Hospital in Blackburn has a vacancy for a Porter to join their team of staff in the Hotel Services department.
This is a bank role working on an “as and when required” basis, you will be required to supplement staffing levels during busy periods and provide cover for existing staff in times of annual leave or absence.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Maths, English GCSE at grades A to C or equivalent functional skills level 2 evidence.
- Proficient in the use of a PC, including the use of software and systems.
- Must have good customer service skills and good telephone skills
Duties of this role include:
- Undertake a range of general and ad hoc tasks on a day to day basis to meet the requirements of the site such as patient, equipment, and goods (e.g., pharmacy goods) movement
- Explain hospital facilities and services to patients and family members when escorting people to rooms or other hospital areas
- Provide a courteous service to internal and external customers
- Ensure patient comfort and dignity are maintained at all times
- Where applicable, assist in supporting patients in and out and of vehicles when arriving or leaving the hospital
- Provide help and guidance to patients, relatives and visitors requiring assistance
- Undertake as required any miscellaneous ad-hoc portering requests from the departments and wards to ensure the smooth running of the Hospital
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive hourly rate.
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job