BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in hospitals throughout the UK – and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare’s Beaumont Hospital in Bolton has a vacancy for a Porter to join their team of staff.
This is a bank role working on an “as and when required” basis, you will be required to supplement staffing levels during busy periods and provide cover for existing staff in times of annual leave or absence.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Maths, English GCSE at grades A to C or equivalent functional skills level 2 evidence.
- Proficient in the use of a PC, including the use of software and systems.
- Helpful and co-operative manner
- Undertake range of general and ad hoc roles throughout hospital re movement of goods, equipment etc
- To be able to explain hospital facilities to patients
- Able to carry out duties unsupervised
- Physically fit in order to undertake duties
- Flexible and adaptable
- Set high standards and take pride in work
Duties of this role include:
- Porter services play a key role in underpinning clinical and non-clinical services, providing an effective and efficient service for the entire hospital.
- Porters are required to provide the highest levels of service excellence to the patients and departments they support on a daily basis.
- Porters must be able to respond positively to the operational needs of the Hospital at all times, accepting deployment in various facilities and areas when required to do so. Varying shifts and work routines are a core element of this role.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive hourly rate.
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job