22 1/2hpw exkl. meal times ; 5 days a week on a 24 hour shift pattern
* Collection, delivery, sorting and franking of mail.
* Collection of laundry, food trolley's etc.
* Collecting waste on the site and delivering to the waste
disposal areas. Recycling as required.
* Delivery of clean linen, food trolleys and other services and goods.
* Movement of furniture and equipment.
* Convey bodies to the mortuary.
* Deliver requisitions etc. to the stores and works department.
* Undertake driving duties as required from time to time.
* Ensure working base, equipment and vehicles are kept in a satisfactory condition.
* Carry communication equipment as required e.g. bleep, phone.
* Collection and delivery of items including patient charts, patient samples etc.
* Ensuring the proper use of any equipment and reporting any defects in equipment to the appropriate authority.
* Knowledge of the role of a Porter
* Knowledge of Health & Safety issues relating to general services including lifting techniques
* Hold a current full driving licence which is valid for use in the UK and have access to a car on appointment
* Full Access NI Check