Pooled CRISPR Screening Custom Manager
Pooled CRISPR Screening (Custom) Manager
About the Company:
As a result of ongoing growth within the Screening Business Unit, we have an exciting opportunity for a hands-on Manager to join our leadership team. As Manager of one of our Custom Pooled CRISPR Screening teams, you will be responsible for a team of scientists designing and executing complex pooled functional genomic screening programmes for fee-paying commercial clients. The expectation is that at least 50% of this role will be laboratory based.
The successful candidate will have practical experience of pooled functional genomic screening with strong molecular biology, cell biology and assay development skills alongside a demonstrable level of supervisory or management experience.
Pooled CRISPR Screening (Custom) Manager Responsibilities:
- Manage a team of scientists working in a fast-paced environment with frequently changing priorities and deadlines
- Coach, mentor and develop staff, including overseeing new employee on-boarding
- Provide effective performance feedback and empower employees
- Maintain transparent communication and appropriately communicate organisation information
- Where required, manage the recruitment process for new hires
- Ensure effective deployment of people, materials, processes, systems and equipment with a customer-first mindset, to deliver projects to customers on time, profitably and to the required quality
- With minimal supervision, confidently engage with customers and internal stakeholders to:
- Understand the scientific needs of customers and design custom research programmes that answer their key scientific questions
- Plan and cost proposed custom project requests and experimental designs to generate customer facing quotes and estimates, using pre-defined templates, costing models, and strategies
- If required, work with Field Sales Managers, Key Account Partners and Field Application Specialists to present custom project proposals to customers as part of a pre-sales process, iterating and adapting as necessary
- Lead work to execute custom screening projects, reporting internally and externally on project status and milestone delivery
- Discuss results, experimental or logistical challenges, solutions and next steps
- Maintain a high level of awareness of current and emerging techniques and technologies in the area of pooled functional genomic screening
- Work with operational and business unit leadership to help shape service strategy
Pooled CRISPR Screening (Custom) Manager Requirements:
- A team player with strong interpersonal skills and empowerment capacity to inspire and ignite others and to develop their talents and abilities
- A good level of experience in leading projects and technical teams
- A demonstrable level of team leader, supervisory or management experience, including resource management
- Practical experience of functional genomic screening with an excellent understanding of project handling including quality control
- Strong molecular biology, cell biology and assay development skills
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, team environment and on multiple projects with constantly changing priorities and deadlines
- Well organized, self-motivated and have excellent communication skills and attention to detail
- Extensive experience in the successful delivery of projects to external stakeholders in a CRO or Scientific Services capacity
- Experience of handling large datasets and the interpretation and communication of these data to key internal or external stakeholders
- Extensive knowledge of programmatic aspects of research (cost, resources and schedule)
If you think that you are suitable for this Pooled CRISPR Screening (Custom) Manager role, please apply now!
Horizon Delivers inspired solutions that harness the power of the cell. We are global leaders in cell engineering. Our vision is to unlock the power of the cell, and we are increasing our focus on customers every day. Our unique tools and services are used by our customers to provide valuable insights and applications in - research, drug discovery, molecular diagnostics and biomanufacturing.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'