Political & Credit Risk Underwriter
Your new company
A leading global speciality insurer and re-insurer focused on underwriting complex risks. They have a keen appetite for leadership; leading - or acting as a second agreement party. Underwriting 23 classes of business and based in the Centre of the London Insurance Market.
Your new role
- To evaluate and underwrite Political & Credit insurance risks in accordance with the approved business plan subject to individual authorisation levels
- To research and develop new business opportunities to provide the group with additional profitable income.
- To enhance earnings through a strong mix of specialist risk taking combined with a distribution capability, to build and maintain a strong business profile as the leading company in our sector.
What you'll need to succeed
- ACII qualified (preferable)
- To have a minimum degree education (preferable)
- Thorough knowledge and experience of underwriting within the relevant market.
- Up to date understanding of market compliance and regulatory requirements for this class.
- Familiarity of Brokers within the market, and the ability to establish and maintain good working relationships.
- Sound IT skills, particularly the use of MS Office packages to intermediate level
- Strong numerical and literacy skills.
- Good leadership skills, with the ability to train, mentor and oversee a small team of Underwriting assistant staff as Team evolves.
- The ability to research and collate various information sources, to enable the timely preparation of reports.
- The ability to independently prioritise tasks and meet tight deadlines.
- Experience of analysing trends and shifts within the market and relevant class of business and reporting and acting upon findings where necessary.
- Key Relationships - Assist the Team Head and Class Underwriter - Credit Risks in developing key relationships at level equivalent to Underwriter role with brokers etc.
- Capacity - Monitor the capacity so that the Team Head can ensure that appropriate business is being written.
- Evaluation and Control - Underwrite insurance and re-insurance risks in accordance with the approved business plan, subject to individual authorisation levels and the Underwriting Philosophy, referring to the Class Underwriter as appropriate.
- Business Development - To assist the Team in the research and development of new business as required.
- Peer review - To support the Team Head and present own risks at Peer Review meetings and to participate in discussions on risks written by other areas of division
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'