An opportunity has arisen for a Polisher in the polishing area of the Precision Machining Facility (PMF).
Turbine blades for the major civil aerospace engine programmes are deburred and prepared for weld. Rotating spindles and air tools are used to complete this work.
As a Polisher, your key responsibilities will be to:
- Adhere to Generic and part specific Technical Instructions
- Stamp Operator Control sheets using a personal operator control stamp.
- Carry out the cutting, sizing and shaping of felt bobs.
- Liaise with Production Engineers as required.
- Work numerous parts to ensure consistent feed to following areas in line with customer demand.
- Previous polishing of turbine castings is essential
- Drive for results
- Problem resolving skills.
- Customer focus
- Will be required to pass an internal eye examination