Job title: Policy & Research Intern (Startups & Entrepreneurship) - Nesta Internship Programme
Salary: London Living Wage London Living Wage £10.20 per hour - £382.50 per week
Location: Blackfriars, London
Term: (6 months) Fri 6th April 2018 to Friday 5th October 2018
Hours: Full-time, 37.5 per week
Deadline: 10pm, Sunday 11th March 2018
To Apply: See Below. Apply through this link only, any applications made to Nesta directly will not be considered.
Nesta is looking for an intern to sit within our Research, Analysis and Policy team, focussing on the field of startups and entrepreneurship. The intern will support an exciting programme of research, including development of policy to encourage startups based on digital or emerging technologies; understanding corporate-startup collaboration; and examining support mechanisms like accelerators. The role provides an opportunity to experience work inside a 'think tank' and to contribute meaningfully to a range of projects.
The role will involve:
- desk research to gather information from academic, consultancy and institutional sources and to perform some data analysis
- primary research, interviewing entrepreneurs and other stakeholders
- synthesising and summarising complex information and presenting it in a readable and engaging way
- producing high quality presentations
- planning and managing qualitative research
- supporting business development activities and scoping new opportunities
- supporting stakeholder engagement initiatives and events
- opportunities to contribute to blogs and media outputs where relevant
The Person should have:
- First/2:1 degree in an economics, policy, science or other relevant subject
- An interest in innovation, public policy, startups and entrepreneurship
- An interest in research
- Excellent project management skills and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Organised and methodical approach to task completion including good planning, prioritisation and time management skills
- Able to research and work independently with strong attention to detail and commitment to fact checking own work
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a clear writing style
- IT literate (proficient with Excel, PowerPoint & Word and online research tools)
Nesta is the UK's leading independent expert on innovation. We exist to grow the UK's capacity to innovate, helping to generate great ideas and bring them to life. We are independently funded with an endowment originally provided from the National Lottery. We became a charity in early 2012, marking a new phase for the organization.
We achieve our mission through a combination of four core capabilities:
- Generating new knowledge and insights about how innovation happens in the economy, society and public services, and making this knowledge available and accessible.
- Supporting skills, methods, tools and capacity to innovate, both in leading edge fields (from digital technology to creative industries) and in fields where innovation is less supported (such as local government).
- Linking diverse networks of people and organisations, and using our convening power to open up new possibilities and to help with implementation and diffusion of innovations.
- Helping fund innovative ventures, projects and programmes, particularly ones focused on solving compelling problems. We do this as an investor, a grant-giver, and through programmes that combine a mix of types of support.
Application Process -
1. Applicants should apply with their most up to date CV only, no cover letter required at this stage.
2. All CVs will be filtered and screened by the University of London's Internship Team.
3. Once the Internships team at the University have filtered and screened all the applications; they will call all the suitable applicants over the phone. Unfortunately due to the high number of applications that we receive, we can only call the most suitable candidates.
4. Successful candidates will be notified of the application process and the next stages
All applications for all of the Internship vacancies at Nesta will be managed by the University of London, Internship team. Therefore, if you have any problems with applying or questions regarding the placement, Nesta ask that you contact the University of London Internships team directly. Any candidates that contact Nesta directly may be missed in the application process.
- public policy
- startups and entrepreneurship
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job