Policy & Public Affairs Director - Policy & Public Affairs - Government Relations - Central Government - Politicians - Civil Servants - Policy & Public Affairs Director
Policy & Public Affairs Director to join global financial player based in London. The Director of Policy & Public Affairs will be responsible for day to day management and maintenance of the relationships between the company and politicians, civil servants and other government officials (as required) and other key stakeholders at an international, UK and devolved level, supporting the requirements of the business as required and maintaining open communication channels with wider company public policy colleagues to ensure consistent messaging and approach to stakeholder management.
- Work with the Director of Public Policy and relevant internal stakeholders across the company business in the development of proactive and reactive policy positions on a broad range of issues.
- Lead research projects to support the development of policy positions.
- Support the production of thought leadership and briefing papers.
- Manage the day-to-day running of the Policy & Public Affairs team’s external engagement programme.
- Organise parliamentary events, party conference activity and other political events as required.
- Identify opportunities for the company to project its views to external stakeholders.
- Manage an effective stakeholder engagement database in co-ordination with the broader company business.
- Ensure regular briefing notes and records are kept and communicated to internal business areas.
- Contribute to the development of high quality materials and messages for stakeholder engagement.
- Research and drafting of responses to consultations, reviews and inquires as required.
- Identify further engagement opportunities and support as necessary.
- Preparation of briefing materials on policy matters for the company CEO and executive management team in advance of stakeholder meetings.
- Drafting and / or review of public speeches and other media materials as required.
- Support the Director of Policy & Public Affairs and other colleagues, in representing the company to the stakeholder community. Deputise for the Director, as required.
- Participate in relevant working groups within trade associations and other fora.
- Significant experience of working in a public affairs/government relations role either in a consultancy/agency, in house or trade association in a related field; or experience of working for a Government or a regulatory authority (financial services focused or economic regulator).
- Knowledge and experience of the UK political and legislative process.
- Experience of managing the development of internal positions and responses to external stimuli (e.g. Government policy).
- Strong verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Strong written communication skills and capable of high quality written work for different audiences.
- Strong verbal communication and influencing skills. Comfortable engaging directly with senior internal and external stakeholders. Fluency in English - oral and written.
- Must be able to work effectively across a matrix organisation; building successful working relationships within the business.
- Capable of handling competing demands on his/her time and delivering tasks to often tight deadlines.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a financial global leader who invest heavily in their staff and offer great career progression. For full job description please contact Stephen Savva at SPS Resourcing or email CV to apply.
- Central Government
- Government Officials
- Public Affairs
- Public Policy
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job