12-months contract based out of our Dunstable Support Centre
Competitive salary and excellent benefits
This is a brand new leadership role within Whitbreads' HR Shared Services team that will support and guide on specific high-profile projects alongside influencing on the broader performance standards and culture within Whitbread.
What you will be doing:
• Leading the development and implementation of policies across our business functions and Brands within the Whitbread Group; ensuring that we adhere to legislation and corporate governance whilst reflecting Whitbreads' values and business goals
• Shaping and establishing the appropriate communication channels for ER, ensuring clear and accessible information whilst building on our current technology infrastructure - ensuring ER and HR readiness for our new system implementation (MyWorkday)
• Support with developing our internal culture by implementing a framework to recommend and initiate an employee forum which enables a collective and consultative approach to nurturing an employee voice
Why we would love you to apply:
You have a keen view of current and future Employee Relations and Employment Legislation and experience of applying ER/HR in a fast paced commercial environment
Passionate about your field of expertise, you are CIPD accredited , and a current member of the CIPD, with the relevant academic background to underpin your experience and knowledge base
With existing project management expertise, you will be able to confidently bring your change management and policy implementation skills to our vibrant and diverse business whilst delivering to tight timescales
Significant Employee Relations experience will allow you to build credibility within our Organisation swiftly and provide best-in-class advice to our senior managers on any ER issues
A bit about us:
At Whitbread, we are fully committed to growing legendary brands through building a strong customer heartbeat and innovating to stay ahead. Our winning teams delight customers so they come back time and time again which, along with our focus on everyday efficiency, drives profitable growth.
Every day our fantastic team members serve up great memories in our restaurants and wow guests through a great night’s sleep in our hotels. We pride ourselves on providing consistent quality and service. We’re continually innovating to meet our guests’ evolving needs whilst being committed to creating a great place to work for our team members.
Premier Inn and hub by Premier Inn currently have over 750 hotels across the UK offering over 70,000 rooms. Our aim is to make this 85,000 by the end of 2020! We have hotels in the Middle East and having opened our 1st hotel in Germany with more sites in the pipeline.
Our much loved restaurant brands include Beefeater, Brewers Fayre, Table Table and Whitbread Inns. Alongside these, our new propositions Bar + Block and Cookhouse & Pub are both growing at pace. We have over 420 restaurants across the UK offering the highest level of service.
We have recently celebrated our 275th anniversary when Samuel Whitbread founded our business on a set of principles and although our core business has changed over the years we stay true these with our values:
- Genuine - we really care about customers
- Confident - we strive to be the best at what we do
- Committed - we work hard for each other
We are excited about what the future holds and would love you to join us on this exciting journey!