Policy Governance Manager - 12 Month FTC
We are not your average financial services firm and our unique culture is just one aspect that makes us stand out from the crowd. We offer a supportive environment that encourages innovation and creativity whilst maintaining a healthy lifestyle balance. You will be joining one of Europe’s leading Investment Management firms where you can expect real responsibility and recognition from day one. We are large enough to offer a wide variety of career opportunities, whilst small enough to treat you as an individual and tailor training and development to your specific needs.
We are looking for an experienced individual to support the Head of Operational Risk & Governance in maintaining oversight of the governance over M&G Policies and providing management information to the M&G CRO and relevant Governance Committees. The role is for four days a week.
Operational Risk & Governance is responsible for risk oversight of M&G, seeking to ensure that the company manages risks in accordance with the expectations of its clients, shareholder and regulators. The department is also responsible for providing oversight of company policies.
You will be responsible for the following tasks:
• Lead and manage the Policy Governance team, ensuring the team is appropriately resourced and meets stakeholder requirements across the Group. Establishing responsibilities for new processes. Ensuring all team documentation (corporate calendar, team action log, deliverables, procedures etc) are current and objectives are in place and reviewed, ensure the team meets all key deadlines and all work is completed to a high standard.
• Lead the definition and development of processes for developing policy management and oversight processes, maintaining and developing the Policy Governance Framework to support policy compliance across M&G, ensuring these meet the needs of the Group and minimum standards defined by Prudential Group.
• Build a proactive relationship with Policy Owners and senior management to ensure policies remain fit for purpose and are clearly articulated in terms of key requirements, format, consistency, and quality.
• Develop an oversight/challenge process to ensure policies are implemented effectively by policy owners and understood across relevant areas, including international offices.
• Manage the Annual Statement of Compliance certification process, ensuring Board level sign off of required documentation.
• Liaise with GHO to ensure Prudential policy changes are understood and incorporated into M&G Policies as required and that M&G requirements are understood and taken into account in policy formation.
• Evolve the Policy Management & Governance development plan to encompass M&G Group and M&G BU policy oversight.
• Represent M&G at Prudential policy governance fora as required.
• Maintain, develop and evolve reporting to Boards and Committees, preparing timely, informative, high quality and consistent monthly, quarterly and ad hoc reports to relevant Governance Committees as required.
• Maintain the Policy section of the M&G intranet.
• Input into the development of training to embed policy understanding/awareness across M&G.
• Build constructive and supportive working relationships all stakeholders across the business to support the embedding of policy governance and compliance.
• Review industry best practices and apply to M&G Policy Governance processes where appropriate.
What we are looking for:
You will be pragmatic in both analytical thinking and a critical evaluator of information/issues. People management experience is essential, as well as experience working in Financial Services, with senior management and executive exposure. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are also highly important, alongside excellent influencing skills and the ability to build effective relationships.
M&G is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our role as an employer is very simple – to provide the right environment for talented people to do their best work, by respecting, understanding and valuing individual differences.
We welcome applications from individuals who have taken an extended career break, and we are willing to consider flexible working arrangements for all of our roles.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"