A Surrey-based local government authority is looking to recruit a Policy Assistant to assist in the planning, delivery and evaluation of a range of projects and tasks.
Your new role
The postholder will support the Organisational Development Team in their drive to make service improvements and achieve the council's ambition to deliver excellent services. Specific duties and responsibilities:
- Assist in the planning delivery and evaluation of a range of projects and tasks being undertaken by the Policy Team
- Work corporately with Members, Directors and Heads of Service
- Work with outside bodies, stakeholders, staff and their representatives to ensure their involvement in relevant organisational improvement activities
- Proactively seek opportunities to share good practice with organisation across the Council
- Assist in the delivery of consultant
What you'll need to succeed
Applicants are expected to be educated to degree level or equivalent and have experience working effectively and sensitively with a wide variety of people. Experience conducting primary and secondary research activities, including handling and analysing statistical data is expected and you must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and using a variety of written formats appropriate to the situation, including reports briefings, tables and graphs. Those with an understanding of the current context in which local government operates will be favoured and strong political awareness will strengthen your application
What you'll get in return
This is a full-time one month assignment paying £12.50 p/h Premium PAYE (~£20,962 p/a). 36 hours per week, 31 days annual leave (pro rata).
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.