Police Staff Investigator - Worcester
Our mission is simple… to help the world Love Mondays.
Every week, thousands of people across the UK start a new job – and it’s our job to help them get there.
REED is a specialist provider of permanent, contract, temporary and outsourced recruitment solutions.
We are recruiting for experienced Police Staff Investigators and Family Liaison Officers to support an ongoing investigation in the Worcester area.
Required to be successful in this role
The overall purpose of the role is to: Manage and progress the investigation of criminal offences and other incidents/enquiries working as an integral part of a mixed economy team of Police Officers and staff; complete investigative actions, prepare case papers ensuring file completeness/delivery in accordance with Court deadlines, legislation and Force policy and maintain victim and witness confidence to facilitate successful outcomes.
Key responsibilities include:
- Investigate offences of crime, and to actively participate in a wide range of evidence gathering and crime investigation tasks. Exercising designated Investigating Officer powers.
- To interview and record the evidence of victims of crime and witnesses to crime, in statement form or by an ABE interview as appropriate. In some cases this will need to be supported by the gathering of appropriate medical and forensic evidence.
- To act as liaison officer for victims and witness of crime, and where appropriate support them through the criminal justice process. This will include providing regular and ad hoc updates on investigations to victims of crime as appropriate.
- To formally interview suspects in a manner that is compliant with PACE and other legislation.
- To secure and preserve evidence through the proficient use of certain technical equipment. Examples of such technical equipment and IT systems include digital cameras, audio-video recording equipment, CCTV download systems, police intelligence systems, property management systems and file preparation systems. Experience of working within a team environment with demonstrable organisational and time management skills, the ability to manage multiple priorities and to work effectively under pressure.
Applications are sought from experienced PIP 2 qualified Police Staff Investigator (PSIs) with previous Detective experience (in a variety of backgrounds).
Family Liaison Officer
Applications are sought from experienced PIP 2 qualified Police Staff Investigators who are also qualified and experienced as Family Liaison Officers (FLOs). Previous Detective experience (in a variety of backgrounds) is essential. Previous experience as an FLO is desirable,
These roles are fixed term appointment for 6 months and based on annual starting salary of £26,865.
All appointees will have ‘designated powers' of an investigator as determined by the Police Reform Act 2002.
Please apply now or email and join us in loving Mondays
All roles are subject to strict police vetting and right to work checks
18% of the business is owned by the Reed Foundation, which supports good causes around the world. Set up by Sir Alec Reed in 1985, it’s the driving force behind all of REED’s philanthropic activities.
The Foundation provides funding for a number of charities, channelled via the Big Give, the online donation platform that allows donors to discover and donate to projects of interest.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'