RSR Police is a market leading recruitment business dedicated to supplying experienced practitioners on a temporary, contractual or permanent basis to the Law Enforcement, Cyber Security, Offender Management and Regulatory Services talent markets.
RSR Police are currently recruiting for PIP 2 qualified Investigators to join our client within a Local Policing Area to prevent and detect crime as well as investigate criminal activity,
These roles are initially offered on a fixed term contract for 6 months with a starting salary of £26,865 per annum. These roles will be based in the Hereford location.
- Investigate offences of crime, and to actively participate in a wide range of evidence gathering and crime investigation tasks. Exercising designated Investigating Officer powers.
- Interview and record the evidence of victims of crime and witnesses to crime, in statement form or by an ABE interview as appropriate. In some cases this will need to be supported by the gathering of appropriate medical and forensic evidence.
- Act as liaison officer for victims and witness of crime and support them through the criminal justice process.
- Formally interview suspects in a manner that is compliant with PACE and other legislation.
- Secure and preserve evidence through the proficient use of the relevant technical equipment.
- Attend scenes of crime and ensure that all available evidence is protected and secured in order to maximise forensic opportunities.
- Prepare and submit complete evidential files to the Crown Prosecution Service observing the highest professional standards, and meeting standards in relation to quality, timeliness and evidential integrity.
- Attend court hearings, where necessary, to present the evidence in person.
- Liaise with other members and departments of the organisation, with other police forces, external agencies and the public in relation to the gathering of evidence, identifying and tracing offenders.
- Seek and exploit criminal intelligence opportunities in order to prevent and detect crime, and to submit intelligence reports on suspected criminal activity as and when that intelligence becomes available.
- Be familiar with the basic set up and operation of a Major Incident Room (MIR)
- Undertake covert intelligence activities as required in compliance. This would include acting as an intelligence officer in cases of major crime in both 'Open’ and 'Closed’ intelligence cells.
- PIP 2 accreditation or a demonstrable knowledge of the investigation of crime.
- Substantial experience at an equivalent level in a serious and/or complex crime investigation role.
- A thorough understanding of key aspects of criminal procedure legislation, including the PACE and CPIA.
- Fundamental working knowledge of the courts and the wider criminal justice system.
- Awareness of the rules of best evidence, investigative interviewing of both witnesses and suspects, case file preparation and an awareness of forensics.
- Experience of working within a Major Incident Room environment.
- The ability to work with other agencies and partners.
- Have attended a Police Intelligence Operatives Course (Desirable)
This role will be subject to vetting and the successful individual will be required to obtain and maintain these clearances.
If you would like to be considered for this position and have the relevant experience, then please apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications received, if you do not hear from us within 7 working days, I am afraid your application has been unsuccessful.
RSR Police is member of the Red Snapper Group.
The Red Snapper Group acts as an employment agency (permanent) and as an employment business (temporary) - a free and confidential service to candidates.
The Red Snapper Recruitment Group is an equal opportunities employer.
- Witness Statements
- Suspect Interviews
- PIP 2
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'