Police Staff Investigating Officer - Birmingham
RSR Police is a market leading recruitment business dedicated to supplying experienced practitioners on a temporary, contractual or permanent basis to the Law Enforcement, Cyber Security, Offender Management and Regulatory Services talent markets.
RSR Police are currently recruiting for Investigators to be based in central Birmingham to work as part of an investigative team, gathering and securing evidence to support criminal investigations.
These roles are temporary contracts for 6 months, working Monday to Friday Office Hours. The rate of pay for this role is £18.85 per hour PAYE.
- Take written statements from witnesses following the guidelines to achieve best evidence in criminal proceedings
- Ensure enquires are carried out expeditiously in accordance with investigation policy and relevant legislation
- Secure and preserve the best evidence through thorough investigation, in order to detect crime and the prosecution of offenders
- Retrieval, retention and reviewing of CCTV as directed by a supervisor
- Conducting house-to-house enquires and completing relevant actions as directed by a supervisor
- Comply with all relevant legislation including the Police and Criminal Evidence Act 1984, The Criminal Procedure and Investigations Act 1996 and the Data Protection Act 1998.
- Utilise all appropriate ICT systems to research, produce and submit statements, reports and intelligence logs
- Obtain and secure evidence and exhibits maintaining their integrity, continuity and preventing contamination
- Download and analyse evidence from digital devices as required
- Research and maintain up-to-date knowledge of current enquires, attending and contributing to briefings
- Complete all documentation including actions and reports in a timely and professional manner
- Prepare and submit case files of evidence ensuring evidential integrity and working alongside CPS and other relevant agencies.
- Substantial experience at an equivalent level in a serious and/or complex crime investigation role.
- Demonstrable knowledge of the investigation of crime.
- Recent experience of interviewing persons under caution and voluntary interviews.
- A thorough understanding of key aspects of criminal procedure legislation, including PACE and CPIA.
- Fundamental working knowledge of the courts and the wider criminal justice system.
- Awareness of the rules of best evidence, investigative interviewing of both witnesses and suspects, case file preparation and an awareness of forensics.
- The ability to work with other agencies and partners.
This role will be subject to vetting and the successful individual will be required to obtain and maintain these clearances.
If you would like to be considered for this position and have the relevant experience, then please apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications received, if you do not hear from us within 7 working days, I am afraid your application has been unsuccessful.
RSR Police is member of the Red Snapper Grou
The Red Snapper Group acts as an employment agency (permanent) and as an employment business (temporary) - a free and confidential service to candidates.
The Red Snapper Recruitment Group is an equal opportunities employer.
- Witness Statements
- Suspect Interviewing
- Serious Crime
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'