* This organisation is an independent government body governing conduct and regulation matters - more details on enquiry
* Requirement due to busy workload
* Providing advice to organisation staff on all areas of the organisation's work including casework, investigations and policy
* Duties include:-
-- Handling a caseload of matters including litigation cases, inquests, judicial review cases and misconduct hearings.
-- Undertaking advocacy (and must be able to travel for hearings/to other offices where required - expenses can be claimed)
-- Organisational policy review
-- Project lead certain initiatives/projects
* Full time hours preferable although Part time can be considered
* 6 month fixed term position on offer (with possibility of extension thereafter)
* Salary is £44,340 per annum
* Annual leave 27.5 days per annum
* Flexible working can be offered with regards to hours and remote working
The Ideal Candidate:-
* Qualified solicitor or Barrister entitled to practice in England and Wales
* Post qualification experience in at least one of the following areas of law:-
-- Criminal law, Police law, coronial law, public and administrative law and human rights law
* Experience of advising on complex issues
* Will have strong analytical skills with the ability to master new material rapidly, excellent oral and written communication skills and problem solving skills.
* Will be approachable and constructive and a good team worker but also able to work independently
* Those with experience of conducting Litigation would be especially of interest as well as those with knowledge of FoI and DPA matters and complaints systems and handling
Badenoch + Clark acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Badenoch + Clark UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Badenoch + Clark. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser: https://en-gb/candidate-privacy
- Senior Public Sector Lawyer Solicitor Police Crime Criminal Human Rights Coronial Law Administrative Interim Temp Perm
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'