RSR Police is a market leading recruitment business dedicated to supplying experienced practitioners on a temporary, contractual or permanent basis to the Law Enforcement, Cyber Security, Offender Management and Regulatory Services talent markets.
RSR Police are currently recruiting for Police Assessors to work with our client on a permanent basis.
Based in the Lincolnshire area, as a Police Assessor, you will be responsible for the assessment and Internal Quality assurance of student police officers undertaking their qualifications and delivery of training content.
The salary offered is £27,000 per annum.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Implement and administer all assessment and internal verification procedures as laid down by the QAA Code of Practice and our internal assessment strategy
- Maintain awareness of changes to Authorised Professional Practice, legislation, case law, and standardisation practices, etc. (national and local) in support of your area of work
- Ensure operational competence is maintained through appropriate CPD Activities particularly as a serving Special Constable
- Support the wider People Development team in the training and guidance of officers and police staff to develop their personal and professional attitudes, skills and abilities within your own area of competence and capability
- Provide guidance and support to student officers as to the required evidence for qualifications and to make judgements about that evidence
- Assess officers and staff who are undertaking police qualifications and provide constructive critical feedback to both the student and their Sgt by demonstrating a clear understanding of the requirements for competence
- Attend assessors’/ IQA standardisation meetings to discuss assessments and related issues and update own knowledge and skills
- To be responsible for welfare issues relating to students on operational duties while under your direct observation and assessment
- In providing guidance and support to student officers, you will work closely with the students operational Sgt and where necessary with PSD and HR
- Contribute to the maintenance of both tuition and programme materials relevant to the areas of delivery you are involved in
- Achieve and maintain the organisation’s and Awarding Body’s performance standards for a police assessor and trainer
- Assessors Qualification e.g. TAQA, A1 or equivalent (or be willing to work towards)
- Current or recent experience (within 2 years) as a serving Police Officer
- Sound professional knowledge of law and policing procedures and force policies
- Ability to assess personnel to required standards
- Strong communication skills, clear verbal and written style, comfortable using active listening and questioning skills
- Demonstrates imagination and focus in the presentation of information
- Demonstrates knowledge of Microsoft Office packages
- Demonstrates a flexible approach to working practices
- Demonstrates a positive attitude and the ability to accept and encompass change
- Able to use own initiative and work unsupervised demonstrating self-management when under pressure and in demanding situations
- Planning, controlling and implementing tasks
All applicants will be subject to vetting.
Due to the high volume of applications received, if you do not hear from us within 7 working days, I am afraid your application has been unsuccessful.
RSR Police is member of the Red Snapper Group.
The Red Snapper Group acts as an employment agency (permanent) and as an employment business (temporary) - a free and confidential service to candidates.
The Red Snapper Recruitment Group is an equal opportunities employer.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'