The PMO Manager will day-to-day IT portfolio management operation within the central (hub) team, working with the Portfolio Managers to facilitate alignment across the delivery portfolios. The PMO Manager is accountable for creating strategies for the effective definition, planning, monitoring and delivery of the overall change portfolio, and assuring the overall integrity and coherence of the portfolio.
Whitbread is the UK's leading hospitality company in the FTSE 100 including brands such as Costa Coffee, Beefeater & Premier Inn. By 2020, our goal is to achieve global system sales of around £2.5bn for Costa, and to increase the number of Premier Inn UK rooms to an incredible 85,000. There has never been a more exciting time to Whitbread!
What you will be doing
- Provide leadership to a team of PMO Analysts including regular coaching, 1:1 meetings, team meetings and personal development planning
- Provide strategic oversight support for the IT change portfolio, facilitating alignment with the organisation’s strategic objectives and roadmap
- Works with PMO Leads, senior business managers and delivery leads to define and implement fit-for-purpose portfolio- and programme-level governance frameworks
- Working with Resource Analyst, manages a resource capacity plan to forecast the demand and availability of business and technical resource for projects
- Conducts ‘what-if’ analysis on the portfolio in discussion with senior colleagues, directly supporting the Head of IT PMO
- Works closely with PMO Team e.g. to produce/maintain detailed RAID, resource, finance and benefits data across the portfolio – also ensuring ‘interlock’ with Whitbread HR, Finance and Procurement etc
- Develops (through engagement with PMO team) standard reporting tools to capture consistent status and performance information across all projects and programmes
- Leads/facilitates intra-programme / portfolio wide dependency mapping, monitoring and reporting
- Challenges and agrees management dashboards and Executive-level MI
- Owns and prepares requisite Portfolio delivery plans, reporting dashboards and MI views, circulating regularly to relevant stakeholders
What we are looking for
- Proven PMO/portfolio management experience
- Line management or mentoring experience
- Proven experience in stakeholder management
- Strong results-focused leadership skills, able to work collaboratively and influence others at all levels of the business
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent written/oral communication skills for reports and presentations
- Highly proficient IT skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and MS project
- Programme and project methodology knowledge (eg. PMP, PRINCE 2, MSP).
- Knowledge of benefits and dependency management, risks management and resource planning