London, EC3M 3BD
QBE’s European Operations, which accounts for over 27% of QBE Group turnover, is a leading specialist in London market and European commercial lines business. Active in both the Lloyd’s and company market, QBE offers considerable diversity to the broking community. We are a socially responsible company and give our customers the ability to invest a portion of their premiums in environmentally and socially beneficial projects.
To directly support business critical initiatives within the programme in order to facilitate their successful initiation, delivery and implementation, and materially de-risk projects & programme to improve the delivery of successful outcomes.
To provide a comprehensive independent yet collaborative PMO service for the programme covering all key aspects of the project life-cycle such as delivery, governance, reporting, financial management and resourcing.
To develop and maintain reporting for major change programme, individual projects, and support the Programme and Project Managers by providing high quality outputs.
To produce MI for Programme Steering Groups to agreed time and quality standards. To apply pragmatic governance within an agreed framework.
Proactive identification of developing risks and issues, responding with solutions options to the management team.
Your responsibilities for this role may include, but are not limited to:
- Assure the programmes and projects have appropriate and effective reporting and controls in place, in line with agreed standards.
- Provide support on key PMO activities such as reporting, programme plan and resource management, risk/ issue/ assumptions/ dependency management.
- Provide oversight of programme status and liaise with project managers.
- Provide oversight of programme and project budgets and liaise with Finance.
- Provide support to key programme management meetings, including preparing reports and management information, meeting agendas and capturing/ issuing meeting minutes
- Provide analysis on the status of the project and programme to Senior/ Executive Management, by ensuring the clear definition and proactive management of key project & programme milestones, risks, issues and dependencies.
- Deputising for programme manager in key meetings where required
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key internal stakeholders and external suppliers to ensure the PMO function delivers an effective service
- Provide support in the use of project / programme management tools and techniques
You will need to be able to display you have the following qualifications and experience:
- Proven experience of working within a PMO function supporting programmes or portfolios of projects, particularly involving third party suppliers
- Proven experience of providing PMO support on portfolios / programmes across complex multiple business units
- Proven experience of managing budgets and conducting financial analysis on invoices, accruals, burn rate and forecasting
- Strong written and spoken communication skills - must be able to deliver messages clearly and articulately to senior management
- Thorough understanding of programme and project management practices and processes, including project lifecycles - ideally possesses a project/ portfolio/ PMO qualification
- Analytical mindset and enjoys problem solving
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience of using project/ programme/ portfolio management tools
- Ability to manage multiple senior stakeholders’ requirements and competing priorities
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, and deliver work to a high standard
- Strong Excel skills (able to maintain complex spreadsheets containing large amounts of data; vlookups; formulas)
- Coach/mentor less experienced team members
At QBE, we view our people as our most precious asset. We understand the importance of fostering a work environment that is responsive to the changing needs of today's workforce. QBE aims to build a workplace that is fair and inclusive because we want to attract and retain the best people to do the job. Search for QBE on Vercida to learn more about our Diversity and Inclusion programmes and policies.
Please click the 'Apply’ button to be taken to the job on our system.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job