Job Title: Programme Office Coordinator
Permanent, Full Time
Salary: £22,500 - £30,000 (depending on experience)
Location: Cambridge, UK
Programme office coordinator opportunities for collaborative and determined self-starters
What it’s about
This is an exciting time to join the central Business Technology Services (BTS) at Cambridge Assessment.
Cambridge Assessment has a wide range of new strategies being planned and a wealth of new project and programme delivery to follow. The programme office coordinator is a key role in ensuring the timely reporting, project performance and quality tracking within the programme management office (PMO). This role is key to the effective oversight and coordination of these projects, all of which make a direct difference to our customers and our end-users: learners of all ages around the world who are working hard to earn their qualifications.
As programme office coordinator you will be responsible for the maintenance of key elements of the project management platform and ensuring that timely and accurate information is provided from the projects. You will look to optimise and automate where opportunities are found and work together with the rest of the PMO and the Project community throughout Cambridge Assessment. The aim of which is to ensure effective decision making and actions can be undertaken to yield the best project outcomes, from accurate and timely data provided.
Are you ready to make a difference, to become a valued member of the team, to have the opportunity to develop new skills and learn from new experiences?
Cambridge Assessment offer many forms of flexible working, such as flexible start/finish times, working from home, part-time working and compressed hours. Please be open at the application stage in terms of your requirements, and we can see if these can be met.
To find out more about our commitment to flexible working, take a look at our Flexible Working blog on LinkedIn.
What you’ll be doing
The successful candidate will:
- Be accountable for the collation, analysis and delivery of accurate and timely management information
- Undertake daily, weekly and monthly PMO tasks in a timely and accurate manner
- Ensure data is input directly to financial, budget, resourcing, risk/RAG status and other critical programme information
- Organise and coordinate project and PMO documents into the document management system
- Respond to PMO requests with high quality outputs in the timescales agreed
- Understand and challenge gaps or concerns with project Governance, levels of Risks, Issues and Change registers and other artefacts.
- Contribute to the Gate Review process by validating the data that is submitted and attending meetings were necessary.
- Coordinate and support PMO meetings ensuring all relevant documentation is available for review.
- Acting as the central point of contact for the Resource and Portfolio Management System to:
- Manage the request process
- Resolve project issues that come to this role in a timely fashion
- Add new projects and resources, and updating changes where necessary
- Administer the Risks, Issues and Change process
- Utilise reporting functionality to provide meaningful regular and ad hoc reports
- Maintain the integrity of the data on the system
- Keep abreast of system developments and advise on where improvements can be made in the management and utilisation of the system.
- Provide additional support to the wider team in particular the Programme Office Analyst and Project Office Administrators.
Skills and Experience
The successful candidate will have:
- A good standard of both numeracy and literacy is required for clear and concise communication of information and for understanding and explaining project activities.
- Understanding of project disciplines and process.
- Attention to detail and ability to establish most relevant information.
- Maintains a professional, approachable and responsible attitude at all times
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent organisational and coordination skills
- Flexibility to manage multiple concurrent work tasks
- IT literate and with some technical aptitude, with experience in technical development activities such as Microsoft Access database development, advanced excel macros, Crystal reports or power BI.
- Experienced in producing good quality, professional reports
- Experienced in working in data intensive roles.
- Experience of managing personal priorities and workloads to ensure timely deliveries.
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer a comprehensive package of benefits to help with your life both inside and outside of work:
- Generous contributory pension
- 28 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Annual performance related bonus and increases (discretionary)
- Enhanced maternity/paternity pay
- Employee discount and cash back scheme at 2,500 retailers
- Cycle scheme
- Season Ticket Loan
- Subsidised staff restaurants
- Support for professional qualifications
- Discounted access to the University of Cambridge Sport Centre, along with various other local gyms.
Who we are
Cambridge Assessment is Europe’s largest assessment group, incorporating three major awarding bodies. It plays a leading role in researching, developing and delivering assessment to eight million candidates in 170 countries every year. The Group is a department of the University of Cambridge and is a not-for-profit organisation.We know that diversity of thinking, backgrounds and approaches lead to innovation and create an atmosphere where everyone’s contribution is valued. As well as wanting to create diverse teams, we also value diversity in the way our people approach their work. Work/life balance is important to us at Cambridge Assessment and we offer our colleagues a range of flexible working options according to the needs of the business and the individual, so please let us know of any flexible working requirements when applying and we can see how we can suppo
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'