Our client is looking for a PMO Analyst - Edinburgh
A leading organisation
The PMO analyst will be integral in supporting the PMO department. This role is to support the execution of a Programme Management Office (PMO), maintaining and enhancing the standard in project management and continuous improvement of all Group programmes and projects. Including, data analysis in support of business case development; tracking status of programmed deliverables and milestones; supporting the adoption of the project lifecycle and deliverables; programmed level risk and issue co-ordination; monitoring the status of projects transitioning to business as usual; coordination of the regular project and programmed level reporting cycles; Programmed level workshops. Additional responsibilities include assisting the PMO Head with defining and updating the project management processes, standards and governance, and assisting Project Managers on large projects and data analysis in support of key performance indicator development. At times the PMO Analyst will be asked to provide project support, this will include: ensuring project plans and project documentation are complete and up-to-date, provide regular project status updates, help acquire the necessary resources and skills, and contribute to the delivery of business systems to meet identified business requirements.
- Supporting the Project Lifecycle process for the Hunter Group, adhering to best practice in project management execution to deliver projects on time, within budget and scope, delivering measured benefits for the Stakeholders
- Reporting on project status against timeline, budget and scope for key business transformation programmes
- Develop and implement business performance management metrics with the lines of business in support of continuous improvement efforts
- Data collection and analysis for key business transformation programmes
- Data analysis and reporting on business performance indicators
- Business analysis to assess potential options in support of business case development
- Development and delivery of key training needs in line with best practice project management
- Provision of programme governance resources to key projects
- Drive the process of post-project "lessons learned".
- Coordination of governance on all key programmes and projects: project status; managing risk and issues logs; managing project change requests; project financial reporting; reporting resources to key projects
- Project delivery where appropriate
- Supporting project workshop facilitation
- Documentation of all business processes, with a keen eye to identify process issues
- Reporting of Group business metrics
- Project governance training development and delivery
- Drive the process of post-project "lessons learned"
The ideal person for this role will be skilled in extracting and interrogating large data sets and making recommendations on the basis of the findings - high attention to detail. The ideal person will also be technology savvy - an aptitude for seeking out and learning new applications. They will be an excellent communicator and show ability to work on own initiative with minimal supervision. You will be proficient in Microsoft Office, Visio, Project, Trello and other MS 365 applications and have excellent planning and organisational skills.
A competitive rate and great working environment