Here at Experian We believe in expanding horizons - it's what makes Experian a global leader. Experian unlocks the power of data to create opportunities for consumers, businesses and society. At life's big moments - from buying a home or car, to sending a child to college, to growing a business exponentially by connecting it with new customers - we empower consumers and our clients to manage their data with confidence so they can maximise every opportunity.
To reflect our vision, we are committed to providing a working environment that people love, so we can help create a better tomorrow together. We believe in growing our team members by giving them access to the best training, the greatest opportunities and the latest tools - everything they need to progress their career.
Right now we are recruiting a PMO Analyst to join our team based in Nottingham. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring that the projects/programmes they are assigned to are in control and following defined standards and governance. Drawing on previous experience they will identify early warning signs escalating to Project Managers and Seniors as required driving an overall improvement of the delivery of projects (OR Project Management) within portfolio.
They will generate and implement plans to improve the process of the operating activities as appropriate, ensuring these are fit for purpose within portfolio and across the wider business unit.
This role is responsible for providing critical data and analytical support to the Project/Programme Manager(s) including budget tracking and financial forecasting, project evaluation and monitoring, risk and issue tracking and performing any data analysis relevant to project tasks.
Key Responsibilities/Activities include:
Project / Programme Support
- Provide assurance around governance during project initiation, gate reviews and during the project closure stages.
- Provide accurate information on the projects / programmes to which they are assigned enabling Senior Analysts and PMO Manager to understand the overall health of the portfolio
- Ownership of PMO Processes
- Escalate any issues to Senior Analysts and Head of PMO as appropriate
Planning, reporting and control
- Ensure planning standards are adhered to by the project manager and clear project plans are in place
- Assurance of change control across all projects and support of CR's as required
- Assure against the single source of live project and programme data, reports, KPI and metrics production, ensuring the integrity and quality of the data, investigating anomalies where necessary
- Provide assurance on project dependencies between projects internal and external
- Run regular lessons learned sessions and ensure action plans are in place and being progressed
- Monitor project plans to provide warning signals to Project Managers if deliverables/tasks are likely to slip
- Ability to organise and facilitate key meetings and workshops as required and act as scribe
- Organise and facilitate closure of project
- Ensure documentation assurance is in place within projects e.g. project is using appropriate templates, document control standards, signoffs are being logged, right documents are being created etc.
Risk and issue management:
- Assurance that risks and issues are being managed in line with standards.
- Regular review of all risks and monitoring on risks trigger dates and mitigation plans. Ensure PM is aware of emerging risks and materialising issues
Ideally, we are looking for candidates who possess the following skills and attributes:
- Knowledge of project and programme management activities, planning, budgeting and report production
- Experience of programme co-ordination/administration
- Experience of managing small projects, or exposure to the end to end project lifecycle, or managing substantial parts of the project lifecycle
- Knowledge of project management tools and techniques.
In return we offer excellent career development and advancement as well as great remuneration and benefits package.