SEND job opportunities for experienced SEND support specialists/ teaching assistants focussing on PMLD to work within SEND settings, either special need schools or SEND units which are attached to our partnership mainstream schools locally.
We are looking for LSA's to work at least 4 days per week within our partnership schools to offer consistency to the pupils. Ideally you will have existing experience working with students that have PMLD/ SLD needs. However, mainstream experience working with pupils with a variety of abilities is also an advantage. Our schools offer fantastic progression and development.
Your main duties will include:
* Inspiring and engaging with pupils with physical and mental difficulties.
* Assessing individual learning needs and working on a group basis.
* Preparing materials, equipment and lessons
* Assessing and reporting on individual pupils' progress
* Assisting with the personal care needs of pupils; this may include feeding, changing and manual handling.
* Liaising with parents, carers and professionals such as mainstream teachers, Teaching Assistant and SEN staff.
The successful candidates need to have previous experience of working with SEN students and have a strong desire of getting involved in every aspect of the school. Experience with children and young adults that have PMLD, SLD, ASD & MLD would be preferable.
Other experience & qualifications desirable:
* Team Teach/MAPA qualified
* Positive handling
* Restorative justice
* First Aid trained
Remedy Education offers all Teaching Assistants:
* Excellent rates of pay
* Professional support from our team of experienced consultants
* A wide variety of different positions, both day to day and long term
* Continued support through all placements
Contact Carly Walters at Remedy Education
- Support Worker
- Teaching Assistant
- Graduate Teaching Assistant