Great opportunity to support the learning needs of pupils at a Special School in Blackburn
- Work during term time only
- CPD courses available for all Teaching Personnel staff
A School in Blackburn have a PMLD (Profound Multiple Learning Difficulties) Resource Provision and are looking for a professional special educational needs teaching assistant for a long term, full time role to start immediately.
The school are looking for a teaching assistant to work 1-1 and with small groups across the provision supporting students who have medical and complex needs, also known as PMLD. The role will require engaging with the SEN pupils in the classroom, swimming lessons and school outings. You will be required to assist with their personal care (toileting).
The ideal candidate will:
* Carry themselves in a professional manner
* Have a good understanding about safeguarding and working with vulnerable children
* Be flexible, adaptable and be able to use own initiative
* Be comfortable with personal care ( toileting )
* Be available to start immediately - no notice periods
* Be able to commit 5 days a week (8:30 - 15:30 usaully) and be available for long term positions
* Be passionate about working with puils with SEN and have experience (desirable but not essential)
The school are looking to see candidates ASAP. If you think this role is for you and you have the right experience, then please call Keeley on or send your updated CV
All applicants will require the appropriate qualification and training for this role. For teacher roles, we require a formally recognised teaching qualification. For Support staff our minimum requirement is GCSE English & Maths (A-C) or equivalent.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.