PMLD Teaching Assistant
· Experience with Profound Multiple Learning Difficulties (PMLD) and Complex needs
· SEND School - Woolwich,
· Small class sizes 6-10 students
· Fantastic resources and facilities for the students to access
Empowering Learning are currently looking for qualified SEND Teaching Assistants that are experienced supporting individuals with PMLD. The role is a full time, long term position starting immediately and ongoing through the academic year. As an SEND Teaching Assistant, you will be expected to support and assist the class Teacher and the students on a small group or 1:1 basis. You must be an enthusiastic and passionate individual who is hands on and can support students with physical needs; assisting with personal care such as hygiene and feeding, manual handling and assisting with therapy sessions to support students to reach the best of their abilities. You will also be responsible for promoting an inclusive learning environment. If you would like the opportunity to make a difference to others and develop a career in working with children with then this is a great opportunity to do so.
Our PMLD schools provides their pupils an inclusive and engaging education environment, supporting students with varied needs such as Cerebral Palsy, medical needs and severe learning difficulties. The school have a fantastic working ethos where each pupil's individual abilities are recognised, and staff strive to support all their student's physical, social and emotional development to reach to their full potential. All students have an Educational Health Care Plan and are encouraged to develop key skills such as communication, independence and physical skills. Having experience in the SEN Education sector or Health care sector will be an advantage where you can utilise your skills and knowledge, however this isn't essential. This is a fantastic opportunity for highly motivated and nurturing individuals to enhance their skills and experience in SEN and will allow you to develop professionally in your career.
To be a successful SEND Teaching Assistant you must have:
· Passion, enthusiasm, and willingness to work in SEN Learning environments
· Knowledge and experience with PMLD students
· Play a significant role in the students learning journey
· Additional training such as manual handling, hoisting, PEG feeding and Tube feeding
When working with Empowering Learning Ltd you will benefit from:
· Dedicated consultant with a wealth of experience committed to finding you the right role and setting for you, who will support you during your assignment.
· Competitive rates of pay, depending on experience.
· A fast clearance process, most of which can be accessed online.
If you are committed to supporting children or young adults and would like to work in SEND learning environments, we want to hear from you. Please submit your CV today or you can email Sarah Kidman on the SEN team at
- Manual Handling
- Personal Care
- Complex needs
- "SEN Learning Support Assistant